NHL'94 Forums

Bookmarks/Palettes Tilemolester - Ice and Uniform.

Do the Tilemolester bookmarks and palattes (for the rink and uniforms) exist in a saved project file for the default NHL94.bin? In the same way the logo bookmark file is?

If so, would anyone be kind enough to share them? I'm in the middle of a NHL94 facelift project, making the original game as visually impressive as it can be, whilst still maintaining the charm of the original graphics.

As a sidenote, i'd also be interested in the bookmarks and palattes for the goals, puck, player star and in-game score/clock; but they're really not especially important.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, most of the people who know this stuff have lives outside of the forum. I'd like to know the answers to your questions as well because I do some hacking but give them some time.

LoL, still dates from March 8th...

Exactly, a week I can understand, but a fortnight says that the thread is basically destined to be buried under everything else. I suppose you can blame a guy for trying....

thanks for the speedy and helpfull replies guys...really appreciate it... :blink:

After this post, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for assistance if I were you...

Edited by Sabre Dance

Don't be vexed. There's no yellow brick road to hex editing - though wboy has left plenty of bread crumbs along the trail... So everything relating to editing is at eye level - within arms reach on the forums if you use the search function. And having to resort to bookmarks is analogous eating with an automatic fork.

I've cataloged the offsets for sprites in the stick tape | sprite edit patch thread if it's any consolation. There's a trapeziod patch that I created as well.

If you haven't already made the trip to this link I'd suggest you go ahead and download the 30 Team Reference Screens.

Lastly wboy did create this xml book mark file several years ago, however I'm not certain it's compatible with the 30 Team patch.

Good luck with your project.

Don't be vexed. There's no yellow brick road to hex editing - though wboy has left plenty of bread crumbs along the trail... So everything relating to editing is at eye level - within arms reach on the forums if you use the search function. And having to resort to bookmarks is analogous eating with an automatic fork.

I've cataloged the offsets for sprites in the stick tape | sprite edit patch thread if it's any consolation. There's a trapeziod patch that I created as well.

If you haven't already made the trip to this link I'd suggest you go ahead and download the 30 Team Reference Screens.

Lastly wboy did create this xml book mark file several years ago, however I'm not certain it's compatible with the 30 Team patch.

Good luck with your project.

Thanks so much Clockwise! I was actually considering giving you a PM, but I thought against it in the end...decided that it was probably going to get backs up if anything.

I've already had my fill of wboy's breadcrumbs (specifically where the logo bookmark pack is concerned, and creating better definition versions of some of the logos is an ongoing thing), but it's the decifering of the more complex breadcrumbs (scotch eggs if you will) that have had me in somewhat of a pickle. It's all a bit much to digest for someone new to this.

The problem with the 30 team rom is that it seems to be taking more away from me than it's actually giving me; it changes the team data, the logos, the players, the stats, the splash screen theme, the ron barr text...it's a lot of change that I really don't want; and I don't see what I get out of it in the bargain.

I've already applied your excelent sprite and stick tape hack, and fixed the weight bug, edited the pallates for logos and uniforms to the best I can, and i'm in the middle of applying real rosters to the 94 expansion teams. It's not like i've waited for someone to gift it to me, i've actively gone out and done stuff; i've just reached the wall.

Really there are only very few things that i'm unable to do myself with the tools I already have; applying the SWOS jersey hack is probably the highest up on my list, and the search for an IPS file (even getting in touch with SWOS himself) has proved fruitless. It would also be nice to put his centre ice hack, and scoreboard hack in. I'm also having difficulty in finding things in tilemolester...I just don't have the first clue where to find things like in game score-overlay, the splash screen, the rink tiles etc. and getting them into a coherent arrangement for editing is just too much to handle.

Please Help!

Ps. Let's keep see how long we can keep the food puns going!

Edited by Robby D