NHL'94 Forums

New NHL'91.com league

clockwise

How were those ten coaches who actually got teams selected to go into the ball hopper? Order of registration? Just wondering considering I was like the 4th player to actually express interest on this thread AND that was after registering on your NHL91 site twice after learning the original registration wasn't received.

This is an oversight on your part, Wags.

He didn't put just those ten managers in the list randomizer. He put EVERY manager in the list randomizer. The fact that only ten managers have teams thus far can be attributed solely to the fact that their "top 3 teams" from their signups were still available when it was their turn in the randomized draft order. Because their top 3 teams were available, it was obvious who they wanted. If your "top 3 teams" are gone, then you're one of the managers who doesn't have a team yet.

But let's say that one of your top 3 teams is still available. You don't just get the team automatically. Smoz is ahead of you in the randomized draft order; therefore, he would get to pick a team before you would. Smoz is the first manager in the randomized order to have zero of his top 3 teams remaining; therefore, he's the first manager in the randomized order to not have a team yet. If others still have one of their top 3 teams remaining, then their only chance at getting those teams is hoping that Smoz, you, or other managers don't select that team.

Edited by TruePensFan1981

Guest Wags13
This is an oversight on your part, Wags.

He didn't put just those ten managers in the list randomizer. He put EVERY manager in the list randomizer. The fact that only ten managers have teams thus far can be attributed solely to the fact that their "top 3 teams" from their signups were still available when it was their turn in the randomized draft order. Because their top 3 teams were available, it was obvious who they wanted. If your "top 3 teams" are gone, then you're one of the managers who doesn't have a team yet.

But let's say that one of your top 3 teams is still available. You don't just get the team automatically. Smoz is ahead of you in the randomized draft order; therefore, he would get to pick a team before you would. Smoz is the first manager in the randomized order to have zero of his top 3 teams remaining; therefore, he's the first manager in the randomized order to not have a team yet. If others still have one of their top 3 teams remaining, then their only chance at getting those teams is hoping that Smoz, you, or other managers don't select that team.

I see, I just got the crap end of the randomizer.. fair enough

My apologies RWD, your signup from the 18th is in my mail box.

I inadvertently posted the wrong name when I pasted in the coaches. Must of gotten fowled up switching tabs in Fire Fox.

Got you up there now.

And for that, I'm grateful.

Here's hoping I get a good or decent team, at least. They beat me to the punch with LA and Pittsburgh. :angry:

Wow, Wags not going for Quebec this time. That's a first. XDDDDD

If Wags doesn't mind, I want the Nordiques, clockwise. :lol:

Guest Wags13
Wow, Wags not going for Quebec this time. That's a first. XDDDDD

Yeah seems weird but me and Quebec team have been just coincidence.. i've picked up a few league teams off owners who left, they've been Quebec, and the rest is history.. no personal affiliation or infatuation with Quebec!

Yeah seems weird but me and Quebec team have been just coincidence.. i've picked up a few league teams off owners who left, they've been Quebec, and the rest is history.. no personal affiliation or infatuation with Quebec!

I'm pretty sure that's it. Just an impression, though.

Anyone else has decided which teams do they want?

I select Montreal

1. politelyerased - Boston

2. Freydey - Edmonton

3. sarcdoc23 - Calgary

4. habs - New Jersey

5. Wittgenstein - Minnesota

6. flamingpavelbure - Vancouver

7. kaberger8 - Pittsburgh

8. hokkee - Chicago

9. Matt Hurray - Los Angeles

10. XdeathsbloodX - St. Louis

11. smozoma - Buffalo

12. WagsTh - Washington

13 boknowsnhl94 - New York R.

14. clockwise - Montreal

15. Newjerseykiller - Detroit

16. Houlanov - Quebec

17. puckhead8926 - New York I.

18. Vocally Caged - Philadelphia

19. Iceguy94 - TBD

20. donnybrook94 - TBD

21. swos - TBD

Remaining teams are:

Hartford

Toronto

Winnipeg

Newjerseykiller is next.

Hey Jesus, no fair! I called Quebec first! Someone erased my post! I want it back, gawddamnit! Is there a team draft I don't know about? :):angry::angry:<_<

Hey Jesus, no fair! I called Quebec first! Someone erased my post! I want it back, gawddamnit! Is there a team draft I don't know about? :):angry::angry:<_<

guy... i never know what is going on in your head because you never seem to know what is going on? :P

Houlanov chooses ahead of you:

16. Houlanov - Quebec

17. puckhead8926 - TBD

18. Vocally Caged - TBD

19. Iceguy94 - TBD (RedWingDevil)

It goes in order

Edited by smozoma

No skull skulduggery on my behalf, RWD and no one edited your post. The team selection was randomized, as you can see with the order that was posted over a week ago in the first page of this topic.

Sorry if you think this is in some way duplicitous, but I can't think of a better way to distribute teams. It's not a first come, first serve basis in case you missed that.

Alright, puckhead8926 selects New York I.

Remaining teams are:

Hartford
Philadelphia
Toronto
Winnipeg

Vocally Caged to the podium.

After making some deliberations and tests, I've decided that I'll take the Hartford Whalers.

I find I'm so excited about the 91 season that I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it is the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long season whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it to .500 I hope to see my team win, and shake their hands. I hope the ice is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

With donnybrook's selection of Winnipeg that leaves one final team. Swos has the ignominy of a forced pick and is assigned Toronto by default. I don't really feel any sympathy for him even in being so unlucky, as one of the elite players I know he can and probably still will inflict serious damage in this league.

So all coaches have their seats and the team bracket breaks down like this:

1. politelyerased - Boston
2. Freydey - Edmonton
3. sarcdoc23 - Calgary
4. habs - New Jersey
5. Wittgenstein - Minnesota
6. flamingpavelbure - Vancouver
7. kaberger8 - Pittsburgh
8. hokkee - Chicago
9. Matt Hurray - Los Angeles
10. XdeathsbloodX - St. Louis
11. smozoma - Buffalo
12. WagsTh - Washington
13. boknowsnhl94 - New York R.
14. clockwise - Montreal
16. Houlanov - Quebec
17. puckhead8926 - New York I.
18. Vocally Caged - Philadelphia
19. Iceguy94 - Hartford
20. donnybrook94 - Winnipeg
21. swos - Toronto

As aforementioned, all coaches will have one week from this day to flip and trade their teams to another coach. However, no coach may trade his team to a member who is not listed above. And no teams may be traded once the season commences.

Sorry to all the coaches who registered and weren't given a seat. As reserves, coaches that didn't get a team will be the first tapped in the unfortunate event that a coaching replacement is needed.