NHL'94 Forums

GENS Classic League Has Begun

statto

To find out your teams in the GENS league please visit the official league website at http://www.stattosoftware.com/nhl94

Please post results in the Confirm Scores thread at http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showforum=84 and I will upload them as soon as I get them/have time. The standings will be instantly updated on the website as games are confirmed and entered.

I have decided to make GENS C/D a fixed league with divisions, meaning that anyone who does not have a team will go onto the wait list. Please post in this thread if you are interested in playing.

Here are the rules:

Scoring

2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 0 points and a game played for a loss.

In-game rules

All games should be played with Penalties ON except offsides, with Manual Goalies, and with no Line Changes.

Tie breaking

Ties will be broken in the following order:

Games played

Head to Head

Wins

Goal Differential

Games played is first in order to give an advantage to those who have finished more games. Head to head is broken manually and may not show up as such in the standings.

Schedule

In GENS A/B and GENS C/D, each team plays the other teams in their division four times, twice at home and twice away, and the teams in the other division twice in a home-and-home.

Team turnover

In the GENS A/B and GENS C/D league, the league is fixed at 12 teams. Players who no longer wish to play will be removed from their teams and a replacement will be found as soon as possible. A wait list will start as necessary.

Playoffs

Playoffs are best of 7 unless otherwise stated.

The top eight teams in GENS A/B will make the A playoffs. The bottom 4 teams in GENS A/B will make the B playoffs.

The top eight teams in GENS C/D will make the C playoffs. The bottom 4 teams in GENS C/D will make the D playoffs.

Enjoy... and GLHF.

So then, we can play right away now? I've added Sdogg, the other guy and orangeblack92.

Wait...

...someone find smoz's "better blue" rom and rename it.

I want that to be the rom we use (5 minute OT instead of 10).

But that's not classic. That's better blue rom with 5 minute overtime rom.

Classic was supposed to try and represent a real season (someone told me this, either you or FPB, recently)...well, the NHL hasn't had 10 minute overtime for over 65 years, and has never had an overtime period last LONGER than a regular period. This is more classicky than classic.

But that's not classic. That's better blue rom with 5 minute overtime rom.

(better blue ROM was actually fixing the horrid green ROM)

but yeah the league should use nhl94.bin.

Classic was supposed to try and represent a real season (someone told me this, either you or FPB, recently)...well, the NHL hasn't had 10 minute overtime for over 65 years, and has never had an overtime period last LONGER than a regular period. This is more classicky than classic.

There are two points to the Classic league.

The first is that it needs to give the feel of playing as an NHL team in the 1993-94 season, done through the point system (and, in GENS, divisions).

The second is that it needs to be done with the classic rom in all of its awkward glory.

I think this league does both adequately.

Guest Wags13
alright, I leave the decision in your capable hands :shocked:

Sorry for being a bit behind.. but reading Metz's replies on this thread remind me again why the league activity is at an all-time low.. Statto steps up, sets everything up, does a great job communicating, and what does "I don't have enough time to run a league" Metz do?

Tell him how to run the league.

Seriously Metz?

Again, to revisit, you proposed far more damaging changes to the Classic League last year, and now you have the gall to bump in after you delay delay delay and then other step up?

Wags,

Seriously, don't worry about it - it's water under the bridge at this point.

Metz has done a lot in the past to encourage participation through his various league formats, especially the Capitalism League. I don't blame him for a second for the site's waning participation.

Honestly, though, the season's under way - GENS C/D is already 30% done in three days! And that's with three people not logging in games yet! I remember how much fun I had with the one classic league I participated in, and that's my goal with this classic league - I want everyone to enjoy f**king playing NHL94 again. I'm sure flaming will happen - this is the NHL94.com forum, after all - but I'm not going to tolerate it.

To everyone: just have fun. I'll try and do the rest.

Thanks

Statto

You could probably thank me for it. I'm one of the more active players of any of the leagues I've been.

How many maximum games shall we have?

• 3 weeks later...

i'm pretty terrible at this game but... with childhood memories i'm interested in playing :P

IM at dwink1217

email at hessproject@gmail.com

let me know if theres anyway i can get playing :(

Edited by dwink1217