NHL'94 Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. HI friend, what's the status with this topic ? (please se bellow). did you found time to secure a software developer? 2) I got in touch with a software developer I know of that could maybe add support for those files in their own application, which would then allow me to add new files to the viv files.
  3. When I see season it's a complete season for me, not only one match. Even when I played Sonic back in the day, I couldn't get used to the controls of the Sega Genesis.
  4. Vous pouvez jouer des matches exhibition dans NHL'94. C'est l'option "Regular Season". C'est juste 1 match, pas un mode de 84 matches. Mais si vous n'aimez pas les controles, je comprend
  5. I Tested NHL Legacy on RPCS3 and NHL 2009 on Xenia one time and it's more playable and less frustrating than NHL 2004. No matter the modded version of NHL 94 it's too hard for me. Plus, I can't stand the controls of the Sega Genesis. NHL 94 it's too limited because you can't play exhibition matches. Ooooh, a mod in NHL Legacy, that's interesting. Speaking of 2KHS, I follow the Facebook page of this game. It's fun sometimes to play the Montreal Canadiens against Laval Rocket, HC Davos, CSKA Moscow or any other non-NHL team in an exhibition match but not in just any conditions. The fact remains that I am better at soccer than at hockey
  6. Yesterday
  7. Did you try the other 2024 mod? Apparently the "2024 Edition" one is harder than normal, so this one might be a better introduction to NHL'94 mods:
  8. I feel uniquely qualified to answer this, as a person who used to mod here a lot and now has shifted to NHL Legacy Edition. There are only 3 (to my knowledge) in progress mods of any games after NHL 2k10. 2KHS is a mod of NHL 2k11 on the Wii, but download availability is sporadic - I don’t have anything but it’s worth poking around. Full engine tweaks and everything, it’s a marvel. NHL Legacy Rebuilt is a work in progress mod that had a few releases with updated in-game textures and rosters for (you guessed it) NHL Legacy Edition, but right now they took all of their downloads down and have been “working behind the scenes”. My mod, which had a sort of closed alpha test last month, College Hockey Faceoff is also of NHL Legacy but if you’re not into NCAA it might not be your speed. Here’s a link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BoKWfpkfKmyRdgN94_ZukVfkLJ2GvZvS. Very incomplete, but expecting another release this spring with most of the big brand college teams, not just the east coast. Mods for these modern games are very uncommon, as there’s not a huge draw like College Football Revamped or College Hoops 2K Reborn since hockey is a smaller sport. As someone who has built/used 3 PCs and seen these games emulated on all of them, NHL Legacy is by far the most CPU intensive sports game I’ve seen so the power requirement blocks out a lot of people who would otherwise be interested.
  9. I'm not sure there's going to be a game any easier than an NHL'94 mod. You just need to learn the "crease-cut" move and then go from there. See the following video. "crease cut" at 4:10. The key is to hold the shoot button until it automatically shoots (don't tap it. hold it until it shoots.). Sometimes it's tough to get past the D, but this is the easiest way to score of probably any NHL game in history. Skate to the boards, then skate across the net and hold the shoot button. Goalie automatically falls to the ice when you wind up the slapshot. "slot slapshot" at 1:55. You need to be careful of when you begin the shot, don't be too early or late. Make sure to use a player with a shot power of at least 70 in order to overpower the goalie. A shot accuracy >60 will help it not miss the net too often. Again, hold the shot button until it shoots, don't tap it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNaViT01WcE
  10. it is tough to score it is usually off a weird bounce or a perfect one timer taking a wrist or slap shot works 5% If that now sounds like hockey 🏒 but a little too simulation style especially if you just playing around with your mates it is usually in some glitchy way you score like goalie gets stuck on net 🥅 or fails to even move also the floater goal is dirty but works still 😀🏒🥅
  11. Hi there! I haven't put out an "Arcade" patch since v.2022.6.x. In that version I also had a "Rookie" that made it easier to score. I am planning on putting out patches sooner than later, but not promising any release date yet, as I'm still not close to being able to get that done. What aspects do you think are making scoring the most difficult? The goaltending? Defensive checking? Shot accuracy? Any insights would be appreciated.
  12. Hey George! Can you send me a screen cap of what you mean? I'm just struggling to understand. As far as changing the order of how the boxes fill up, they both have to be left to right in order to accommodate how the system draws the graphics in Rink view.
  13. I tested NHL 2004 and it's unplayable and frustrating so I need to change my preferences for modded NHL and NHL 2K10 is now the minimum.
  14. I have not played in many years and greatly appreciate all the time, skill, and just plain hard work that has gone into these releases, but I find I'm struggling to score with any consistency and was wondering which, if any, of these releases contain the Arcade Patch that has been mentioned?
  15. Last week
  16. So the only thing I noticed in 2.5 is when a player gets a penalty and they walk up to the penalty box, their legs don't align with the placement of their bodies once they enter the box. That issue is still there from the original game. Maybe the left box, the players can align from right to left and the right box from left to right.
  17. UPDATE: Not sure how but when editing rosters 1 VERY IMPORTANT player somehow was missing. Noticed it when I was playing as Washington, Rod Langway back to back Norris winner, Hall of Famer, somehow got overwritten when I was touching up rosters and wasn't there. So I re added him here, that's the only change from the other download NHL All-Time.bin
  18. @von Ozbourne, I have a lower skill level in hockey than in soccer. In soccer, I put in pro and sometimes in semi-pro but in hockey I can't go beyond easy mode with a lot of offside. I tested your version but unfortunately, it still too hard for me and I can't stand Sega Genesis controls. Plus, it's too limited because it's not possible to play exhibition matches. That's why I don't go older than NHL 2004 or ESPN NHL 2K5 but I hate controls of the PC versions. The fact that NHL only releases on Xbox Series and PS5 complicates things even more for me. At this point, the best solution may be to give up NHL games.
  19. Hello NHL95 Fanatics!!! Im bring you a database of games. A long project but an important one for the history of the NHL, and preNHL leagues as well. Cause that is where the roots lie, in the NHA, ECHA, MPHL, PCHA, WPHL, WHA, IIPHL, and so on. Ive created the beginning of this projected and wanted to share with everyone with time specific rosters, ratings, teams, arenas, rinks, logos, and much more. - The roms will span the history of hockey in North America from 1908-09 to present date. - Teams specific to each season and their actual schedules of that season (side note, when playing season mode, please allow about 10 seconds to allow the mode to start) - Logos, Arenas, Player Cards, Jerseys and even players with no helmets including the goalies. A huge thanks goes out to a few members @von Ozbourne @kingraph and others. 1908-09.bin 1909-10.bin 1910-11.bin 1911-12.bin
  20. I understand that this is an NHL '94 forum, but the thread is titled "Triple Play Baseball 21".
  21. Yeah, I get that feeling. I was pretty deep in my NCAA mod for NHL Legacy a few weeks ago and had to take a break to remind myself “you’re allowed to play the game!”
  22. I'm going to have to leave that one to someone else. Just too much other work to do. If you, or anyone else can make some progress on this, I would be interested to see if I could try.
  23. At risk of sounding self promoting, your question makes me curious. Aside from the obvious graphical differences, there were some slightly different philosophies going into the game play of these two options. But then the question is: Is it noticeable enough that the games may have different accessibility levels for different skill levels? Or is the game inherently the same, and the only real difference felt is going to be in the overall ratings of the players on the team you select, and is that going to be minimal because of the limitations of the game engine. The way I play means that I'm just adapting to changes all the time, so I can't really get a a good baseline. But I'd be intrigued to hear if this version of a "modded NHL game with latest rosters" is a different experience for you.
  24. Hello, NHL 94: 2024 Edition is too hard for me so I'm looking for a good modded NHL game with latest rosters. I have a preference for PCSX2, Xemu, Dolphin, Xenia, RPCS3 or PPSSPP for NHL games. Please note that I'm not a hardcore gamer. No PC version please. Thanks in advance.
  25. Hi Friends, Eldritch here, from Whitehorse, Yukon. I coached in the New Players League and had a blast, squeaking into the playoffs at 7th and getting my Habs promptly swept by Detroit. Looking forward to improving alongside you all in the Classic League!
  26. Thank you @AdamCatalyst! You're work and dedication to these updates is appreciated by myself and the 94 community buddy!
  1. Load more activity