NHL'94 Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. Thanks! I appreciate it. Yeah, as for late season signings, my roster mandate is to keep each roster stocked with the 14 forwards, 8 defence, and 3 goalies that have seen the most minutes of ice-time for the club that they are on. I then consider exceptions for players who would have made the cut if they had stayed on one club all season, or players who were otherwise instrumental, even if they technically had less ice time than a teammate. Because the college players usually join the season so late they rarely make that cut, UNLESS they catch on as a regular in the playoffs. Last year I added Matthew Knies for the Leafs, once it became evident that they were playing him as a regular. If there are any new players who suddenly seem to become regulars in the play-offs, please let me know!
  3. Love your work, was bummed to not see the recent D1 College Hockey prospect signings on the rosters Anaheim Sam Colangelo Cutter Gauthier Carolina Bradley Nadeau Jackson Blake Chicago Frank Nazar Columbus Gavin Brindley Montreal Lane Hutson San Jose Collin Graf
  4. Turns out much like Baseball Stars for the Pocket, the monochrome version of Hockey Stars was adaptable to the colourized remake as well. Updated the full review above, but here it is. Hockey Stars NGP Colour.bin
  5. Thank you! Great work, as always. I/we appreciate it. * Just an FYI - the file reads "2025 4 21" (instead of 2024 4 21, I'm assuming).
  6. Last week
  7. Playoffs edition is out! Main page as usual. Hope you're all doing well. -a
  8. Ah right, I forgot you made a thread about that a while back. It slipped my mind. Thanks. Also apparently this is how I found out that the 'Yotes have suspended operations. Be interesting to see what Utah decides to call their team at least.
  9. Oh!.... I did find out something about this one. You can actually change the palette in the player cards. In the original game anyway. I don't think I figured out the 32-team version. The problem however is that the palette numbers reference a different set of colours depending on which screen you are on. Although, speaking of 32 teams, with the Arizona door supposedly being left open a crack for the next five years, [assuming they don't repeat a New York Americans situation where the franchise was withdrawn in 1942, but not officially cancelled until 1946 when the owner tried to reactivate it] is it time to try to add another two teams to the NHL'94 fold?
  10. I grabbed the amazing SEGA 2024 ROM and am trying to play it on my android device that I have a gamepad for. Normally I emulate on SNES but I only sawa SEGA 24 roster rom..so i assume thats the most active one here. I cant seem to get it running on the Lemudroid app. It wont see the zip file or unzipped files.. I can get it working on GENPLUS but the controls dont map properly. Any easy stable sega emulator for android choice to play this? or a SNES port?
  11. Hey so I always enjoyed the SNES versions of NHL but couldn't stand the goalies catching with the wrong hand since NHL 95. Would like to remove the double instance of Jesse Belanger in 96. 98 just had too many players with the wrong hand. Is there an editor for these versions of the game or is it easy enough to hex edit and fix these issues. Thanks for your time and consideration in advance.
  12. As someone who usually plays an aggressive defensive game, I've had that fourth, fifth... sixth guy jump into the box and either overlap the rightmost player or possibly just disappear. [Actually I had run an experiment in NHL95 back in the day, playing as Pittsburgh, I had so many guys in the box that the game only gave me two players on the ice and my d-man was Ken Wregget. Only three of those 20 penalized players displayed in the box obviously. Then my brother played 20 minute periods, got Cam Neely to score 40 goals in a single game, and completely glitched the season and anything that recalled the records] Back to '94, I don't remember where this was originally found, but there is a code that determined how many players line up in the box. No problem reducing it to one or two, but when you logically increase that number to four, it doesn't work so well. Was hoping that you could just extend the box and have another guy sit to the side or in the crowd or something, but it just completely glitches the game.
  13. Technically - you wouldn't climb over the boards to enter the penalty box anyway. The players line up from left to right. I'm sure you could alter "where" they line up, but the animation will always put the player in that same spot each time. I'm curious as to what would happen in a penalty fest when more than 3 players are in the box. It would be an overlap. Not that it's THAT much of a big issue. It is a 30 year old game after all....
  14. Hey everyone, Just wanted to share this quick project I whipped up with the TSB3 editor. I went ahead and renamed all of the draft picks who were missing their real names. Nothing fancy just straight to the point. I appreciate your interest in advance and hope you enjoy this. Thank You Tecmo Super Bowl III - Final Edition Renamed Rookies by LupDiggah.smc
  15. Hey everybody, Just wanted to share another project I made after discovering the NBA Live 96 Editor. At the time I was unaware of KDubs HWC of the same game so I went ahead and whipped this up. I added all missing players from the original release and used the PC version of the game as a template for ratings and other player details. I was originally using the PSX version until I realized everyone's speed was juiced up to accommodate for the lower framerate or whatever marred that version of the game. Missing players were written over the developers or whoever they were that you could access in create a player. All retired or euro league guys were left in the free agent bin in case you want or need anyone back. Hope everyone is able to enjoy this and I appreciate your interest in advance. Thank You NBA Live 96 Opening Night by LupDiggah.bin
  16. Hey everybody, Just wanted to share this project I made after discovering NOSE. Using NHL 98 as a template I reworked the rosters back to the opening night of the 1996-1997 season. Of course every goalies handedness needed to be flipped since they were all wrong in the final 2 Genesis releases of the series. Many players including Lindros were the wrong hand, all of which have been corrected. All missing rookies are included since they weren't in NHL 97. Stats should be true to the season as the ratings from NHL 98 were used. Hope everyone is able to enjoy this and I appreciate your interest in advance. Thank You NHL 97 Opening Night by LupDiggah.bin
  17. Hey everyone, Good news, bad news. Good news. The playoffs edition is almost ready! Still a lot to do, but I am 100% on top of it, and will try to get it out as soon as possible. All rosters and lines have been updated. Will start on end of year ratings tomorrow morning. Bad news. I promised a version 3.0 with all new re-balanced gameplay, and arcade mode patches, etc. Well, version 3.0 (playoffs edition) is coming, and the gameplay will have a minor revision, but the all new re-balanced gameplay and arcade patches etc. aren't coming any time soon. I have spent loads of time on this, but I still need even more time to make sure it is balanced just right. To that end, I will need some beta testers this summer. PM if you are interested in helping out. Good news. I wasn't actually planning on coming back for a '25 version, as there is another. personal projects I wanted to spend time on. But I am not going to abandon my '94 gameplay re-balancing project, so I will have to come back for at least one more season, in order to share my work with you. So, as long as my health holds up, I am planning a '25. Stay tuned for a '24 playoff edition any day now. cheers, -Adam
  18. @George THANK-YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS! I wish everyone would report bugs as clearly as that. Bad news, is that I don't know how to improve that. I totally agree with you, it would definitely better to get those two animations to line up, but I really don't understand that game logic for how that section works. If anyone ever publishes enough info on it, I will try to adjust it accordingly. p.s. While I can change the order of how the box fills up, if it doesn't go left to right, it ends up having consistency problems with the rink view, which has errors if it doesn't go top to bottom.
  19. Nah, power checking would definitely add some extra flair to arcade style ROMs, like a 16-bit NHL Hitz. Back to the main topic, though, lately I've been wondering if there isn't a way to change the bottom third of player cards to use a different palette. It's probably impractical in more than one way but it might also be kinda cool if I could make it look like the players in my ROMs show a hint of wearing their respective uniforms rather than black shirts.
  20. The RNG function needs a value sent to it and returns a result. In the Hot/Cold thread, you are only changing the value being sent to the RNG function for Hot/Cold. The RNG function has 2 different ways it can be used: - Sending it a value, and it will give a result of (- value <= result < value) - Sending it a value and it will give a result of ( 0 <= result < value) Hot/Cold uses the first way, Checking is using it the second way. The RNG function is used all over the place.
  21. Agreed! It was so much fun! Yeah That Perron shot with 7 seconds remaining was so amazing!
  22. Last night was the best night of games all year. What a finish. Sorry about your Wings though, I was rooting for them. That Perron goal sent me through the roof!
  23. Totally heartbroken my Wings didn't get in. But man what a final 3 games.
  24. How does altering the RNG variance affect this?
  1. Load more activity