NHL'94 Forums

The Best of 7 KING's COURT Challenge

Schwabe

The Best of 7 KING'S COURT CHALLENGE (SNES)

Think you got what it takes to be the 94 King?

gold-crown-thumb5375737.jpg

King's Court is a continuous tournament format in wherby the current champion or "king" plays until he loses, in which case the new winner becomes king. Very simple! The objective is to remain King the longest.

KCC Rules:

Entry

To enter the KING's COURT CHALLENGE (KCC) you must first post in this thread with your AIM. You are now in the "general queue" for playing the current king. The King can then choose his matchup from players in the queue, giving priority to players who A) have yet to play B ) have posted their AIM earliest in this thread and C) those who are available online. In other words, the King shall use his own judgement on who deserves the next opportunity to play. A former king can play anytime, but not back to back.

What to do when you are King

Find players who have posted in this thread, see if they are online (AIM) and message them to start a best of 7. Say anything you want, or copy and paste this:

Best of 7 KING'S COURT CHALLENGE?

Game settings

The King is always home team. Time: 5 minutes. Penalties: On, No Offsides. Line Changes: OFF. Goalie: Manual.

Play Time

As King, you are expected to host a matchup at least once per week, but no more than one series a day (except NHL Playoff nights: Kings may play as many times as desired). Of course, there will be lot's of anxious contenders so be a good sport and play often.

Scores

The current King is responsible for posting the results of a given series. After your series, post the results directly in this thread. Game scores are welcome, but as a bare minimum please include the player you played and the series result (ex: 4-0, 4-1, 4-2, or 4-3). Feel free to also include your current streak.

Current King

To see who is the current king, check the last posts in this thread.

King Timeout

In the event the current King has not posted results from a new series within one week of becoming or holding kingship a new King will be crowned. The new King is decided very simply: declare yourself as KING by posting in this thread (after you have verified it has been a week since the previous King has posted a series).

KCC Record Holders

• dangler: 9 SERIES WIN STREAK (2x Stanley Award)
  • shaftman: 6 SERIES WIN STREAK (1x Stanley Award)
  • Grayto: 3 SERIES WIN STREAK
  • Fenty: 2 SERIES WIN STREAK

From time to time I will update this original thread to feature the top 10 longest lasting Kings. If stats here are getting outdated, please PM me with a reminder.

Conclusion

The whole idea here is to have a simple, casual, and sustainable tournament model we can all enjoy. That said, it's up to the King to carry the ball forward. He is responsible for setting up the next game and posting results. And that's the big advantage of this model: the only person who needs to manage this tournament is the current King.

As founder & Commissioner of the KCC I herby declare myself the first official King!

Post your AIM to confirm your entry in the challenge. Let the games begin.

Edited by Schwabe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a new King in town... I stumped the Schwabe! Great series, even though it was a 4 game sweep the games were closer than the scores reflected.

PIT (dangler) vs QUE (Schwabe)

PIT 10 @ QUE 0

PIT 7 @ QUE 3

QUE 3 @ PIT 8

QUE 1 @ PIT 5

GG's Schwabe! Any contenders post here to try to take down the king. I won't be able to play everyday but hopefully I'll be able to play at least 1 series per week.

I'm around for the challenge if that's what it takes.

AIM: Iceguy94

Edited by RedWingDevil

Cool format

AIM: Freydey32

B)

I'm in

AIM : dcicon5148

I'll be looking for a series to defend the King's Court tonight when I get home from work. I'll go down this list from the top and message all the people available and the first person to respond will get the challenge.

I'll be looking for a series to defend the King's Court tonight when I get home from work. I'll go down this list from the top and message all the people available and the first person to respond will get the challenge.

what time around?

Awesome, can't wait to find out if dangler can remain king !

The King retains his title.

Pittsburgh (Dangler) vs Montreal (Shaftman)

MTL 6 @ PIT 7

MTL 4 @ PIT 12

PIT 0 @ MTL 5

PIT 2 @ MTL 6

MTL 2 @ PIT 6

PIT 8 @ MTL 2

GG's Shaftman, I will try to get on at the same time tomorrow to find a new challenger!

Great series.

I think I played my best ever game of 94 shuting him out 5-0.

Still wasn't enough though....heh

Indeed, that was a great game by you. I never played in a series where home ice advantage was so apparent as this series. He very easily could've shut me out in game 4 as well, I was lucky to crack the scoreboard. Both games 3 and 4 in Montreal were so tough! Montreal were playing like beasts and my guys couldn't touch them. I was never so happy to go back to home ice as I was then. Then in game 6 back in Montreal I came out firing like a bat out of hell in order to get the early lead or else I knew it would be the same outcome as games 3 and 4. Great series Shaftman, really intense and enjoyable games to play!

I haven't seen Dangler just yet, but I'll take the challenge when I do.

Dangler (PIT) vs RedWingDevil (NYR)

NYR 6 @ PIT 5

NYR 5 @ PIT 9

PIT 5 @ NYR 3

PIT 7 @ NYR 6

NYR 2 @ PIT 4

GG's, sorry I haven't been around a whole lot but it's tough to play every night. I'll try to be around for more series the rest of this week.

Just can't find something to handle Lemieux and his wingmen, and if I can get them, it's either Samuelsson or Murphy.

Just can't find something to handle Lemieux and his wingmen, and if I can get them, it's either Samuelsson or Murphy.

yea, pens are deadly in SNES. Sometimes completely impossible to check.

the champ should have to use a different team each week without repeating, and is crowned supreme champ if he can defend his crown with every team : )

Naw, I don't mind Dangler using Pittsburgh, that's part of the challenge. Sure, I'll probably get swept by him (unless someone beats him first), but I'd rather play him at his best.

We can just say he's Supreme Champ if he beats all realistic challengers and THEN he has to switch teams. Still, I think there's people who can take him, including guys who have already lost to him.

Naw, I don't mind Dangler using Pittsburgh, that's part of the challenge. Sure, I'll probably get swept by him (unless someone beats him first), but I'd rather play him at his best.

We can just say he's Supreme Champ if he beats all realistic challengers and THEN he has to switch teams. Still, I think there's people who can take him, including guys who have already lost to him.

Yeah I agree, I will eventually get taken down by someone but if I do happen to go on a crazy streak and play everyone then I will definitley change up my team.