NHL'94 Forums

Editor v0.8.1

statto

This version has a Banner Text Editor. I can't remember if there are any other additions. Use at your own risk.

Cheers

SNES94Editor081.zip

EDIT: To get this to work, install the necessary files from steps 3 & 4 of the NOSE installation instructions: https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14217-nose-12b-download/

Editing banner text is a nice addition. Just a note to others, having too long of a length for a team name on banner text (seemingly >12), the name won't appear at certain times; for example, on playoff brackets. Not too big of a deal for me, though.

Editing offense/defense, home/road, and PP/PK advantages from the editor would be another good addition (I don't think it would be too complex, since the locations seem to be hard-coded in the ROM.) I know I've mentioned it earlier.

Edited by northstar91

• 2 weeks later...

From the old thread...

team location begin/end         sequence
ANH     E6D5D-E6D5F             070213
BOS     E2DBA-E2DBC             412121
BUF     E3040-E3042             641021
CGY     E32CF-E32D1             420000
CHI     E354E-E3550             201021
DAL     E425D-E425F             141000
DET     E37E5-E3737             732100
EDM     E3AAB-E3AAD             160212
FLA     E6B5B-E6B5D             070213
HFD     E3D2B-E3D2D             170200
LA.     E3FC0-E3FC2             661211
MTL     E44E9-E44EB             521121
NJ.     E478C-E478E             341112
NYI     E4A39-E4A3B             532100
NYR     E4CAA-E4CAC             341111
OTW     E4F14-E4F16             070213
PHI     E51BA-E51BC             360222
PIT     E5445-E5447             712021
QBC     E56E0-E56E2             752100
SJ.     E596E-E5970             070212
STL     E5BE2-E5BE4             222021
TB.     E5E58-E5E5A             050200
TOR     E60EA-E60EC             202011
VAN     E638C-E638E             610211
WPG     E6613-E6615             451111
WSH     E68BB-E68BD             522011
ASE     E2865-E2867             772000
ASW     E2B12-E2B14             772000

• 3 weeks later...

statto...LOVE the latest NHL 94 editor! I LOVE being able to fit in the entire word "Minnesota" on the Dallas banner.

Quick question. When I try to add players onto Florida and Anaheim (since they have 17 and 18 spots respectively), the program shuts down when i add letters to the extra player's name (Even if I have enough bytes remaining for names). Any suggestions??

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

where am I supposed to put the comdlg32.ocx file on my computer. like is there a certain folder it must be in. how does one install it because I keep getting the error for it

or the same folder the program is in, if you are emulating Windows.

new users: this thing's major issues are locating the system files and a crash that occurs when/if you reduce the players on a team before telling the line-changing screen to not use removed players. if you want to shrink a team, first shrink its lines to exclude the removed player slots.

Mac users: use DarWine to run it.

new users: this thing's major issues are locating the system files and a crash that occurs when/if you reduce the players on a team before telling the line-changing screen to not use removed players. if you want to shrink a team, first shrink its lines to exclude the removed player slots.

Mac users: use DarWine to run it.

thanks for the tip bud....couldnt figure that out before when i tried to reduce to two line rosters.

I don't always have helpful comments in these forums, but, when I do, they relate to the SNES version.

don't ever change your avatar, buddy.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If anyone knows how to program this software... A player rating would be so amazing in the software. I'd pay you money to do it. Seriously. I'll PayPal you cash.

Edited by Stefan

dude, if you are going to offer cash, write up a list of dream hacks/edits/modifications/programs and the value to you of each and hope Smoz jumps on it. he keeps saying he wants no new hacking jobs, but remember how fast he came to our rescue with the defense control always on hack? on another site, even! I bet he could fix the player ratings issues and uncover a bunch of hidden options. SNES doesn't even have player/puck physics hacks, yet. there is much left to be done with the SNES version. oh, to have 30 teams....

It's not even a hack.

Just to get the data in the software to give an end result on a player's attributes to reflect that of which it would be in the game.

There must be a way to do it, unless there is more value in some ratings than others.

If not, it'd be easy... and very useful.

Statto hasn't logged into the forums since May 08 2012 12:39 PM. Maybe someone try PMing him to get him to release the source code? It's a Visual Basic 6.0 app, really easy to learn how to program (but you have to find a copy of Visual Studio 6.0 somehow, first!)

Open source is great. There were some things I would have liked to add to NOSE...

We have the overall rating scheme for Genesis, and I'm guessing on SNES it's pretty much the same. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out, anyway.

yes, I very much would use an updated version of the editor. it could have the defense control override hack, period length hacks and the rest of the stuff figured out since the last one and, yes, I would love an overall rating display and/or hack to fix the stuff like goalie ratings, tweak the way overalls are calculated and maybe even address the hot/cold issues. who would do the work, though?

Well, I spoke to statto and he said the data is on his friend hard drive. So if he could access it he might do it.

He also mentioned he didn't know how the overall rating worked, but since we have that data, that won't be a problem.

If he is able to recover it, and if he's willing to invest the time (which would be so awesome) I think just the overall code would be good for a first update :P