NHL'94 Forums

Why are the Rangers rating so damn high?

Guest cr0ssbar94

Guest cr0ssbar94

Their rating is too good in this game.

I dont want to pick any team with more than a 71 rating. I am a Rangers fan and it bugs me because they missed the playoffs the year this came out (used 1993 ratings).

I know they won the cup in 1994 but there's no way the ratings guys could know that in 1993 when they did the ratings for this. they should have given them a lower rating...MUCH lower, like a 68 or 69.

It just bugs me because I cant pick them. Theyre too good.

Neil Smith was the Rangers GM back then, and he was involved in the ratings (you can see the game even thanks him in the intro). He was obviously biased.

the Rangers are good in this game. But really this game in general is a one line game. So

it don't matter a teams overall rating, just the 1 line matters. Messier was still

really good around then so he's rated high and for just 1 line they were pretty damn good.

Me & my buddies had a 2on2 series recently Rangers vs Leafs and the Rangers crushed

the leafs even though I was playin on Toronto & I am the best player. Just a really bad matchup

for T.O they can't knock any Ranger players down.