NHL'94 Forums

Wales Conference Semis (Tickenest vs. Carse)

Tickenest

Philly jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the series and expected to clinch in style in our nation's capital, but Carse and his team had other plans. Iafrate's sniping brutalized Tommy Soderstrom, and the team's suddenly-tightened defense led the way in two Washington victories.

Philly called an hour's timeout on the series to regroup and go out for groceries in the rain before coming back to take his team out onto the ice for Game 6. Philly took the lead and later tied it after two Washington goals, and a nifty Recchi backhander with 2 minutes to go provided the margin of victory, though Soderstrom did have a few nervous moments late in net.

With the victory, the Flyers advance to the Wales Conference finals for the second straight season, and look forward to a mighty tussle with underrated Boston, who beat the Flyers twice this season.

ggs Carse

Guest nhl92fan

Good luck the rest of the way. Beating you in Philly with San Jose is one of my season highlights since your record is so good. I think you will win it all but I'm pulling for gr8199 since he beat me.

:blink: