NHL'94 Forums

SNES-B Formula 409 Cup

2010 SNES-B Formula 409 Cup

115531_sk_lg.jpg

Why is it called the 409 Cup?

The loser gets to take home the 409, which they then drink from sucking so hard.* It's kind of like that Pizza Hut commercial where the kids are like "losing isn't so bad, coach takes us for pizza after a tough loss!" ... except instead of pizza, it's 409.. and losing is pretty bad.

As important as it is to determine a champion, I think it's also as important to crown a loser. This year's matchup will be Jurikobeski (me) from one division against Kero5hin from the other division. Since there is no real way to record this, we will just post the scores on this thread.

Luckily this is a real NHL rivalry as well, so it should be good.

The Story of Two Teams Destined to be in The Cup

New Jersey started the season out in grand fashion, winning the first 7 games and catapulting themselves into the top position. After a 2-4 series with Boston, New Jersey stormed back with 2 wins against Buffalo, only to be destroyed 9-1 in the final game of the series. The next 6 games led New Jersey down to a 12-8 record, struggling for second place. A split series with Montreal kept New Jersey up in second place, but losing 5 of the next 6 pretty well sealed their fate. The Islanders took a full series sweep over the Devils, knocking them out of second place and leaving them in the battle for the playoffs. NJ finished the season with 36 points, 3 games ahead of both Montreal and Quebec, but also with 6 more games played. MTL took over second place, while QUE just edged out NJ for the final playoff position in the division, leaving a reeling NJ team (2-8 in the last 10) with a one-way ticket to the 409 Cup.

Philadelphia took a somewhat easier road to The Cup, going 0-17 before getting their first victory against a then-struggling Quebec club. Philly ended the season with 5 wins.

*Don't drink 409.

Edited by marchawg

And here I thought you had a league idea in mind

wait. here i thought the playoffs in classic already started but this is just to determine who sucks more in SNES-B

::BREAKING NEWS::

NJ has admitted to using various turbo controllers and an erognomic keyboard during the 409 Cup games. NJ says:"My rapid fire gives me the edge" "I can run the circle move much easier with my earth friendly hemp ergo keyboard".

The league should now voice their opinion if NJ should forfeit their last games for this type of "cheating" and hand the 409 Cup over to Philly.