NHL'94 Forums

Tickenest Strikes Back!

Tickenest

As Philly stumbled out of the gate this season, my passion for NHL '94 was waning. It had been a long, hard drive to the Stanley Cup Finals, and the boys were a little tired, as evidenced by Philly's deteriorating performance in the playoffs, winning round 1 4-1, round 2 4-2, round 3 4-3, taking Game 7 in OT, and finally going down to Dallas 4-1 in the Finals. The hangover extended into this season, and I just couldn't find the offensive creativity I'd once had. So I took a couple of weeks off, believing that Evan wouldn't consider me an "absentee" owner as long as I'd played just enough games (given my history in this league), to visit my NHL '94 mentor, a family man living deep in the heart of Fairbanks.

What, you expected a hermit living in a f**kin' cave in the Himalayas?

So after a few plane rides, I had made my way to central Alaska and arrived on his doorstep. He answered the door.

"Master, how can I recover my NHL '94 skills?" I said.

He stared at me stone-faced.

I stared back at him.

This continued for about a week.

Finally, I sneezed.

"Now, my son, you must return and face your enemies," he said.

"Now I remember why I moved thousands of miles away from you, dipshit."

And that is how Tickenest got his groove back.

Guest cr0ssbar94
As Philly stumbled out of the gate this season, my passion for NHL '94 was waning. It had been a long, hard drive to the Stanley Cup Finals, and the boys were a little tired, as evidenced by Philly's deteriorating performance in the playoffs, winning round 1 4-1, round 2 4-2, round 3 4-3, taking Game 7 in OT, and finally going down to Dallas 4-1 in the Finals. The hangover extended into this season, and I just couldn't find the offensive creativity I'd once had. So I took a couple of weeks off, believing that Evan wouldn't consider me an "absentee" owner as long as I'd played just enough games (given my history in this league), to visit my NHL '94 mentor, a family man living deep in the heart of Fairbanks.

What, you expected a hermit living in a f**kin' cave in the Himalayas?

So after a few plane rides, I had made my way to central Alaska and arrived on his doorstep. He answered the door.

"Master, how can I recover my NHL '94 skills?" I said.

He stared at me stone-faced.

I stared back at him.

This continued for about a week.

Finally, I sneezed.

"Now, my son, you must return and face your enemies," he said.

"Now I remember why I moved thousands of miles away from you, dipshit."

And that is how Tickenest got his groove back.

You're still 4 points behind me and I plan to win the division this year, b***h. :P

Guest cr0ssbar94
Yes, I'm still struggling to beat you.

Not really I was only joking.

Why you gotta make me feel bad by being classy? You're supposed to reply with something like "try winning a game in the playoffs loser!" :)

Seriously our games have all been pretty close. I think it'd be a great playoff series! :rolleyes:

Guest cr0ssbar94

No seriously though man congrats on the nice rebound! I knew you'd start winning at any moment you're too good a player to be .500 or whatever. And Philly is not an easy team to play with sometimes.