NHL'94 Forums

NHL94 'Quirks' League

Guest BSDaemon

Guest BSDaemon

I was trying to come up some ideas for fun leagues the other day, and I thought I'd ask for some input. I was thinking of starting a mini league (8 players or so probably) who are up for something a little different.

Some whacky ideas include:

- Line changes ON

- Must play checking lines

- No goalies! (that sounds fun, but probably would make the games drag)

- Mini series (teams play a best of 3, get 2 points for a sweep, 1 point if they win 2 games to 1, etc)

- Offsides ON (again, probably would slow things down)

- Last but not least, maybe a round robin style tourney, possibly with the addition of having one "quirk" for each of the 3 games vs your opponents (game 1 uses line changes, game 2 is checking lines, game 3 is no goalies)

I guess I'm just more or less going for something a little out of the ordinary here.

Would anyone be interested? Any more suggestions for fun ideas? Anyone interested in helping out?

And just to clarify, this league is in no way meant to be a competition to Evan's league, by any means. It's meant just to be something a little crazy :lol:

PS. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section, and moderators please feel free to move it elsewhere. I just thought under "NHL94 Online Gaming" was an appropriate place to post.

Guest brookdaleccedu

I like the checking lines. I like to get a hard hitting line out there after I take a lead.

Offsides.............maybe if the time was increase to 10 mins to lower the score.

The rest no way lol.

Guest BSDaemon

I actually meant the entire game is played with checking lines.

Or another idea... lowest rated players have to be on the ice.... with no goalies! lol

I guess basically... I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in playing in a small league where things are just... "different" like that.

Or like... say we play 8 weeks. Every week, one player from the league comes up with an idea of how the games should be played that week. I think that could be fun!

Guest brookdaleccedu

Naa but I like to play with a updated roster. 2006-2007 and have the New teams. 10 min games with offside and line changes.

Also, no ties after the end of ot we have a shootout. Also If we have such a big waiting list then why the hell do we have trouble in the snes I been reading. We can't give these morons time to play. Must of there games are in Sept. One or two games played.

Stop with the crap and get people with passion to play this league. Then we dont need a 4 from each conf playoffs.

Guest BSDaemon

Hmm... most of what you said there doesn't really have anything to do with what I'm proposing, but I do agree with you... we need these replacements soon. I was a replacement coach at the end of month 1, and I have the most GP in the SNES B league!

I for one like to play without a goalie sometimes just to sharpen my defensive game. You sure don't slack off on defense when you know there's no goalie back there. Once you get really good, you find yourself making saves with your defencemen!

Many times I've practiced against the computer with no goalie. Good way to practice, and it's a little more fun than repeatedly whipping the computer 12-0.

A good challenge, if the other party isn't offended by it, is to play without a goalie against a weaker opponent who is using his goalie.

Guest BSDaemon

I agree. You really learn how to clog up the defensive zone if you have no goalie!

I think I really like my idea of having one player each week choose what format to play. It would require 8 REALLY dedicated players though, because that would mean 7 games per week for every player. I don't imagine that would be a problem for the top couple guys in this league though.

Don't like the idea of no goalies, it relies a lot on luck. I firmly belive if you do well you should win. It could get a little frustrating & unpleasant for the competitors too. I propose we use my NHL94 3v3 hack. Its a blast and matty schwartz will say likewise. I say we do a league & have a crazy no goalie comp every umm.. month, to give the no hopers in the league chance of temporay glory! Put my name on this list! Merry f**kin christmas!

Guest BSDaemon
Don't like the idea of no goalies, it relies a lot on luck. I firmly belive if you do well you should win. It could get a little frustrating & unpleasant for the competitors too. I propose we use my NHL94 3v3 hack. Its a blast and matty schwartz will say likewise. I say we do a league & have a crazy no goalie comp every umm.. month, to give the no hopers in the league chance of temporay glory! Put my name on this list! Merry f**kin christmas!

But that's the point! The games won't always be how well you played, they might be "how many guys do you have with a high shot accuracy?"

The 3v3 mod sounds cool, though, and maybe if I decide to make it one 'quirk' per week, that can be something we use!

Keep the suggestions coming though!

Guest BSDaemon

Alright, I'm going to make a go of this.

The coaches will be invite only this season, just to see whether there will be enough enjoyment out of this league to warrant open registration next season. If any of the 8 coaches I extend an invitation to are unable to, or don't want to participate, then the league registration will be first come first serve.

Lets see if we can have some fun guys :(

*Signs his name on the dotted line" I wwouldnt have line changes, that wont give any added fun & it might confuse/irratate people when thery're controlling some turtoise on the ice.

Guest BSDaemon
*Signs his name on the dotted line" I wwouldnt have line changes, that wont give any added fun & it might confuse/irratate people when thery're controlling some turtoise on the ice.

That all depends on what the coach that week decides on.

Send me a PM if you're in so I know for sure :)

Guest BSDaemon

Alright, rudy is out. Which is fine, I didn't really want him in it anyway, but I thought I'd still extend an offer since I know he is pretty dedicated to playing his games.

That leaves at least one open registration spot available. Send me a PM if you're interested :(

Alright, rudy is out. Which is fine, I didn't really want him in it anyway, but I thought I'd still extend an offer since I know he is pretty dedicated to playing his games.

There was absolutely no need for that.

All you needed to do was state that a roster spot was open in the league.

Guest BSDaemon
There was absolutely no need for that.

All you needed to do was state that a roster spot was open in the league.

That's okay, he likes to take jabs at me all the time, and he said he doesn't want to be in my league because I'm the one running it. So whatever, if he wants to act like an ass, I'm sure he can handle it.

That's okay, he likes to take jabs at me all the time, and he said he doesn't want to be in my league because I'm the one running it. So whatever, if he wants to act like an ass, I'm sure he can handle it.

Did you forget to take your medication again?