NHL'94 Forums

Modern NHL 94 project

syckoson

I have seen a few tools and some awesome projects. One thing I have not seen is a project to recreate or reverse engineer NHL 94 for modern windows/android/ios/linux systems. 

I doubt the source code for NHL 94,95,98 are out there but I’m sure enough is known to port it and potentially have 2 versions. One for genesis and the other for modern ports. 

I would love to help in this if there are others willing to contribute their knowledge and time.

my end goal would be to replicate the gameplay of 94 or 95 with the options of 98 and have things like the logo, uniforms all banners and names be based on a team pallet and all text be based on that he database text. So editing a team name in the DB changes to the start screen, standings, in game etc. this would allow for easier modding for everyone.

let me know if you are interest in working together.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I don't have any skills in this department, but I'd love to see this. This would be amazing. If you smart guys can add fighting too, that would be awesome.

Something like this gets posted every year. Nothing ever happens, because the hardest part is starting. So I recommend that if you'd like this to happen, get something basic working, put it on github with some instructions for building and running the code, and then people will want to help.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

That's a fair comment!  I often hear people talking big but not doing anything. I think ill start with something simple like you said. maybe if we can get the people who created NOSE, NHL94e, Nhl edit to get involved it will get a good chunk of the DB work done.