NHL'94 Forums

Registration, league format, and general discussion.

Sebe_The_Legend

I have a few friends that would like to register, they are very excited about the site and the league.

If they were to sign up for the GENS classic league would they still have a spot? I see that there are already 60+ registered...

Also is team selection random or do your odds of getting your team depend on the spot that you have on the waiting list. Will the league have streamlined player ratings, or will the league use the standard player ratings? I think streamlined player edits would give the league a true taste of real competition. Just an idea.

Thanks to anyone or everyone who responds, it is much appreciated.

Sebe

I have a few friends that would like to register, they are very excited about the site and the league.

If they were to sign up for the GENS classic league would they still have a spot? I see that there are already 60+ registered...

Yes, if they register by August 26th and complete their confirmation tasks by September 4th, they will have a spot.

Also is team selection random or do your odds of getting your team depend on the spot that you have on the waiting list. Will the league have streamlined player ratings, or will the league use the standard player ratings? I think streamlined player edits would give the league a true taste of real competition. Just an idea.

Team selection is not connected to spot on the waiting list. We will break guys into leagues of 20 teams (probably), determine a random "draft order" for teams and then go down coach priority lists in order. So the 1st guy in the draft will definitely get his 1st choice, the 2nd guy will get his 1st choice unless it's gone in which case he'll get his 2nd choice, and so on. It's all automated and will happen behind the scenes, but that's the idea.

The Classic League uses the original ROM and teams without monkeying with the player ratings. It has its charm.

Thanks to anyone or everyone who responds, it is much appreciated.

Go to hell.

Just kidding.

No, seriously, go to hell.

PS - Remember, dry sense of humor