NHL'94 Forums

RARE GLITCH

The goal after whistle glitch is listed on the bugs page as having been documented on Sega CD.

FeivelClark and Vinnie (kupuck) are proud to bring this (maybe for the first time?) to Sega Genesis with extensive video and a twist.

Not only did we get the goal after whistle but said goal was counted as a PP goal and caused Garnett Exelby to become stuck in the penalty box for all of eternity!

This is the description I wrote in the description field for the youtube video

"Was playing a NHL94/09 league game with Vinnie when the following happened.

Garnett Exelby hooked a Capitals player and the ref called a delayed penalty. Semin missed and Atlanta goalie Kari Lehtonen retrieved the puck. The ref blew the whistle ending the play.then Lehtonen gkves up the puck and Semin shoots it into the goal. The goal siren goes off and Alexander Semin is credited with a goal. Since the clock isnt running the time of the goal is 2:35 exactly the same time on the clock as when Exelby is penalized. You can see all of this in the replay. What you dont see is that as soon as the whistle blew it went to the view of the penalty box. As Exelby skates up and gets in that is when the goal siren went off. Semin gets credited with a power play goal and the game freezes right after that. It just shows Exelby in the box forever without displaying the penalty call or anything. Very wierd. "

Also I have no idea why the call on Exelby was hooking as you can clearly see he just mows down Backstrom.

Sorry for the weird quality (those strange lines and stuff) but I wasn't actually recording this game and I had to use camstudio to get a direct screen cap.

Edited by feivelclark

Happened to me some times...!

I remember it was the turning point of my 1st ever series, in the dynasty toilet cup, being down 2-0 in the series and 3-2 in the game, Lindros scored on a delayed penalty shot (Timer and settings reset little bit before black screen). And a couple of other times, it's certainly the most frustrating, alongside, the ''Puck goes trough net but doesnt score'' glitch