NHL'94 Forums

My Lag theory is true!

Ive finally witnessed it 100% (on snes at least)

The theory:

If the ref makes any call right when theres a lag spike, the call is negated and play continues.

I was just playing fenty and he brought the goalie out to the blue line and dumped the puck, the ref blew the whistle for a faceoff but there was a lag spike and play continued with the goalie wayyy out.

It also happened the other day where I got a penalty shot against xot with 2 seconds left in the game...but there was a quick spike and the clock ran out with no penalty shot.

I HATE LAG.

This also happens when the goalie gets past the line and the faceoff called gets erased into nothingness and play resumes. Some shots and goals also get the same treatment. That's my way of saying I know what you mean, Shaftman.

I've noticed the same thing too and always suspected as much. Like, 'what, the play is going on still?". How is it possible though? Does the lag skip some sequence that would register and enact the whistle? Does the same thing apply when you score a goal?

Perhaps in another way the reverse occurs. In some perverse motion the ref whistle CAUSES the lag and by that logic its own negation. But that's too scary to think about and I need to sleep somehow.

Lag is the thing of nightmares.