NHL'94 Forums

new to this whole thing

D-Ral

ok, so i downloaded the genesis emulator and rom, but how do i connect to somebody else? what is keirara or whatever? is there a faq here somewhere?

I will eventually have a tutorial on nhl94online to explain this process.

Kaillera is the client (built into Gens and GensPlus) to connect to game servers. Typically, what would happen is 2 people would decide on a time to play a game (through instant messenger or email). Then one person connects to a Kaillera server and creates an nhl94 match by selecting the ROM from their computer (both players must have the same connection type and ROM on their computer). Then the other person would connect to the same server (by double clicking the server) and join their game. Then the game would start and bingo, you're playing someone online.

Feel free to ask questions.

-Evan

ok. i think the reason that clicking 'netplay' under the file menu in gensplus wouldn't work because i had cut the gens .exe file onto my desktop instead of just making a shortcut. i put it back and then opened nhl94 and then hit ctrl n and something new happened. what is supposed to happen at this point? i'm using that meme2k program or whatever its called. sorry, i'm not at my own computer. i've searched through the available games in meme2k or whatever and i can't find nhl94. is that right? sorry i've got so many questions, i'm just super psyched about this whole thing. my friends and i have been keeping user records for about 3 years now. we were playing last night, and we were talking about how funny it would be just search nhl94 on the internet. i'd like to get him set up for this so we can play against eachother, and then i'd really like to play in your league. thanks.

daryl