NHL'94 Forums

Pokerchamp league recommendations

pokrchamp

Ok I gave it some thought and here are my league recommendations!

1. I think every sheduled game with an opponent should be 2 games of home/away.

1 game is so quick.. takes less then 10 min. Often it takes more time to setup

the game than actually play just 1 game. So I'm in favour of an 80 game sched,

just every sched game is 2 games.

2. I think 16 outta 18 teams making the playoffs is to many. The regular season

becomes kinda meaningless IMOP. Many will already have made the playoffs half

way through.

... My suggestion is either only 8 teams make the playoffs, so the regular season down

the stretch becomes like the playoffs for many.

Or 14 teams make the playoffs & the 2 conference leaders get a first round buy

---- I personally like the 8 team idea, I think down the stretch it would make for alot

of important games, plus it would be a great battle just to get into the playoffs.

With only 8 teams getting in.. I feel like I could possibly miss the playoffs with the high level

of play in the league.

Anyways.... just a couple of ideas I had... I got blasted for my $ idea

SO let me just say THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Anyways.... just a couple of ideas I had... I got blasted for my $ idea

SO let me just say THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS!!!!

Maybe you should respond in the entire post set up specifically for league suggestions.

Do you really think 2 posts that are almost identical are appropriate, try putting all your important ideas into one fluid post.

The title "Pokerchamp League Recommendations" doesn's really sound like a suggestion to me, more like a demand.

But hey, THESE ARE JUST SUGGESTIONS!!!!

;)

In response to the Home/Away thing, it would be nice to do, but an 80 game schedule is too much. People have other commitments, and as we saw last season, extending the length of the season caused things to really drag. This league is quite fun without playing Home/Away against every team. Plus you can always play an exhibition against the guys you only play against once. Not to mention since there are going to be 2 to 3 "seasons" per calendar year, you end up with 80+ games and Home/Away over that course of time.

I agree with you on the playoffs. 16 of 18 teams in SNES and even 16 of 20 teams in GENS making playoffs is a bit much. That being said, the better teams will likely prevail in the playoffs anyway. And since this league is about having fun, I don't have a problem with more teams enjoying in the playoff excitement.

Keep the suggestions coming though all. I liked the idea of Power Rankings someone submitted, and once I get done with the core site functionality, adding cool new things like Power Rankings will be next on my list!