NHL'94 Forums

How do you get into these leagues?

Guest happytimes

Things used to go pretty smoothly around here. But recently a member named hokkeefan started berating everyone around the site, including, sadly, the guys who put a lot of hard work into running leagues (in my opinion, this includes Evan, dmitry and Halifax, and each of them has done 10x more to contribute to this community than I ever will, so seeing their efforts trashed was a pretty big bummer). In his last and most vicious post (since deleted), hokkee revealed that he had been playing as multiple teams in leagues with different identities without letting anyone know at the time. This is also a big bummer, as it can be hard enough to get people to take these leagues seriously when they see that other users think it's funny to screw around like that, and be a real jerk about it besides.

And yes, now some of the guys who put so much work into running leagues for no pay and no recognition and no reward outside of doing a fun thing for other people, would like to make sure that new coaches really are genuine in both who they are and in their commitment to the league.

All users have to do to gain trust around here is play some games with vets, establish reliability, and follow the forum rules - which includes, most importantly, respecting others in the community. Also, not lying or misrepresenting yourself would help as well.

Seems you have to be a veteran player to be accepted in any league. :(

The Classic 94 League should be starting again soon. I am not sure exactly when registration starts, but you can click on the calendar to see when it does. If you have any questions you can also go to NHL94online.com, that's where all the league stuff goes on. But don't limit yourself to only playing in the leagues. Most of the people who are in this community are willing to play a game with you online if you ask, and you'll see that a lot of us are willing to play. :lol:

addisonbr- It is a shame that certain people make things harder for people to get into the leagues and also make this community look bad. It's horrible actually. I know don't post a lot on the forum, but it makes me sad if only for the fact that I see how much work is put into this site by Evan and others. It seems that it is easier for most people to see only the problems (if there are any) and not the ENORMOUS amount of work that has been put into this site since it went up.