NHL'94 Forums

Ottawa sucks

Recently i just finished my season against the computer using the ottawa senators and i have come to the conclusion that most of ottawa players are worthless piles of dung. Players like Baker, Kudelski, Turgeon, Boschman, and Maciver have a skill or two that makes them atleast servicable, but the depth players on Ottawa should just be delted from the game because they are so crappy. How that team even got 24 points that season is mindboggling inthe least.

so here are the stats if anyone is interested, i use 10 minute periods, line changes, penalties, and offsides to try and create a realistic setting in an 84 game season modled after the 93-94 year.

the lines:

Kudelski-Baker-Boschman

Turgeron-Lamb-Lazaro

Hull-Peluso-Smail/Brady/Freer

Maciver-Shaw

Rumble-Hammond

Jelinek-Luongo

Kudelski-Baker-Lamb-Shaw-Maciver

Turgeon-Brady-Boschman-Rumble-Hammond

Murphy-Mcbain-Dineen-Marsh

Archibald-Freer-Maciver-Shaw

Jamie Baker: 112g-77a-189p

Bob Kudelski: 111-60-171

Mark Lamb: 66-86-151

Sylvain Turgeon: 94-48-142

Laurie Boschman: 53-80-133

Jeff Lazaro: 54-49-103

Mike Peluso: 51-27-78

Norm Maciver: 16-59-75

Brad Shaw: 12-57-69

Jody Hull: 42-26-68

Doug Smail: 30-27-57

Darren Rumble: 10-39-49

Mark Freer: 30-17-47

Neil Brady: 21-23-44

Mike Mcbain: 26-13-39

Daniel Berthiaume: 0-36-36

Peter Sidorkwicz: 0-32-32

Ken Hammond: 4-27-31

Chris Luongo: 2-25-27

Tomas Jelinek: 3-20-23

Rob Murphy: 11-7-18

Gord Dineen: 1-17-18

Brad Marsh: 3-10-13

David Archibald: 9-3-12

Darcey Lowen: 1-1-2

Daniel Berthiaume: 40-1, 2.02 gpa, .886 sv%, 5 shutouts

Peter Sidorkwicz: 39-4, 1.98 gpa, .882 sv%, 7 shutouts

I played the first 15 games 3 or 4 years ago and lost 4 of those games, i played the last 70 or so in the last month and lost 1 game to Buffalo 5-4, a rare loss to the computer.

Whoa. Is there a stat tracking program out there to keep those player stats? I despise playing against the CPU, but a season mode might make it interesting.

But in regards to your post, yeah Ottawa does suck some serious donkey balls. Hats off to Gens B's coach Trevor for taking em. Insanity!

My Opinion: Ottawa should be banned from league play unless a true dominant 94 god appears. We've got lots of great talent out there, but I'm sorry no ones good enough to use Ottawa and make a run for the cup in league play.

I keep stats with pen and paper, i keep track of individual stats as far as goals, assists, points and saves are concerened. i keep powerplay and shorthanded stats as well. but dadonchs new recordkeeper helps make things a bit easier and gives me a backup thing to use and lets me see stats while im in progress with the season.

I just started a season with Calgary and 5 games in...guys are already putting up some sick stats.