NHL'94 Forums

NHL '94 1-Night Event

Evan

Jeff94rules1 had this idea which sounds fun. Jeff, made the forum and the link at the top so please put down your ideas here and lets see if a 1-night event can be organized.

-Evan

I like it too (regarding the championship belts)...aside from leagues it's a way to see who's doing what - pretty neat.

However, I would prefer a 5 min period best 4/7, since it's basically the norm. It takes a little time, of course, but you're not playing that much useless time - if a player is down and out after 10 minutes, he only has to play 5 more and move on to the next game, instead of 20 more and basically just forfeit the match.

An even-teams rom belt would be really nice, and we should name each belt. I think that the title-holder should have to finish 5 title defenses in a month (not 2 a week, because of the increase in time), and be able to play one of the top 2 or 3 players on a waiting list (ranked with series wins being +2, and losses being -1, in shorter matches).

I'll think about this more and get back to you - the waiting list idea is the one that I want to look at the most.