NHL'94 Forums

Boston's Season Starts and LA's Season Ends

evitageN

Boston began their season in Los Angeles, losing 4 - 1 to the Kings. Andy Moog made many key saves but his team just could not get the job done. Coach Brian Hawaiian was not happy with his teams performance. Coming back to Boston for their first home game of the season they were able to defeat the Kings, as the Kings finished up their final regular season game with a brilliant 25-5. The fans were behind the Bruins the whole game and Neely netted the game winner, completing his hattrick. Vladimir Ruzicka got the scoring started scoring 2 shorthanded while Neely was serving time in the box. Joey Juneau, one of the best playmakers in the game had 3 assists, setting up all three of Neely's goals. However the star of the game went to Wayne Gretzky as he had assisted on all 4 of his teams goals.

"We'd like to finish with a record similar to the Kings, and I think the boys can get the job done. Moog was a brickwall in that second game, and if we can get that solid goaltending from him all year we think we can go far." Said Hawaiian after a game.

Following their victory at home the Bruins flew out to Dallas where they beat the Stars 6 - 3. Cam Neely continued to provide scoring as he netted a hattrick again, and Adam Oates scored twice and Joe Juneau tallied one. Two nights later Dallas came to Boston and both teams showed they were strong defensively.

"I think we have a great defense." Said Moog. "I wouldn't be making have the saves without them blocking shots and clearing my crease. Borque is a great captain and Sweeney is one of the best body checkers in the leagues."

Boston awaits their next opponent as they look to continue their success.