NHL'94 Forums

Offsides...ON?

While editing, I changed all of the penalties to 0 minutes - the following effects occur:

1) Occasionally a penalty will happen, and it will revert to 6-on-5 (if the defense hasn't touched up).

2) No time is wasted by going to the penalty box screen.

3) Unfortunately, the referee is totally scrambled!

But the effect is - offsides on, with penalty shots and delayed penalties, but no man-down situations.

What reason, if any, should we NOT have a league adopt the blue lines?

While editing, I changed all of the penalties to 0 minutes - the following effects occur:

1) Occasionally a penalty will happen, and it will revert to 6-on-5 (if the defense hasn't touched up).

2) No time is wasted by going to the penalty box screen.

3) Unfortunately, the referee is totally scrambled!

But the effect is - offsides on, with penalty shots and delayed penalties, but no man-down situations.

What reason, if any, should we NOT have a league adopt the blue lines?

There aren't any good ones, but the most commonly cited one will be that the computer AI is too stupid not to stray offsides too often (which usually happens because people don't pass ahead to the lead rusher because they insist on keeping the puck in the middle of the ice.)

I'm testing it out with the Super 94 rom I just made, and there's not really a problem with the AI on the blue line...I'm not sure if it's a combination of lowering the awareness and speed or what...