NHL'94 Forums

Running NHL 94 on the Nintendo DS

bhb007

Hello! I am running the jEnesisDS emulator (0.7) on my R4 card (kernal 1.18). I think this is just about the best setup that the underpowered little handheld can produce for emulation (at this point). NHL91 works fine with Z80 option turned on, as does NH92. NHL94 starts just fine, but freezes after approximately 5 seconds of (accurate and good speed) gameplay. If the Z80 option is turned off, the game runs, but at approximately 50% speed making it unplayable.

I have read legends here and elsewhere of people running the 2009 rom of '94 on a DS emulator. IS THIS TRUE??? If so, please respond to this message with any info about settings I need to change, etc. to get the rom running well. Until then, I will just have to "endure" (though it is a fine game) 92... I hope this can get resolved because I think that handheld online multiplayer is really great and I would love to see it happen here.

Many thanks for my new favorite site!

-BB in Vienna

ask bob kudelski. i think his bro got that going

Yes, I have played all of the different edited roms on my brother's DS, but I don't know how he had that working. He had a mod cartridge, but I dont know any of the details. I can try and find out, but I won't be able to get you an answer any time soon because I am in the middle of moving amongst other things and hardly even have time to visit this forum anymore. Sorry. I'm sure you could find something that will work if you search the net.

Actually, I just remembered something about this.. he had trouble with freezing and slow gameplay too, and I think he just turned the sound off completely before running the emulator or the rom (i dunno) and it worked fine. When I played, it didnt have any sound. Other than that, it worked great.. fast and smooth. The only weird thing was the sprites sometimes appeared on top of the text boxes (after goals and such) and once in a while (once or twice a game), the screen went all jumbled, which could be solved by a quick pause and un-pause.

Good luck.