NHL'94 Forums

Classic League - Home Stretch - Please Read

metzgerism

This is the last few days for those of you in classic. I have told many of you that I will be taking objective looks at every player as they relate to getting into the playoffs vs. unplayed games. There are a few things that I want you all to understand about this process.

1) The most important issue is getting the 8 best AND most active players into the playoffs. Seedings are secondary to me.

2) Games against players that did not play enough games will likely get wiped, so they do not have a negative affect on the players that were unlucky to not play them.

3) Each player's base score is the number of points that they actually earned. Unplayed games and speculative results are secondary.

4) A player that did well enough to make the playoffs but did not play that many games could see DNP-losses assessed in order to rectify the situation.

5) If a player has 5 unplayed games or more, their performance will be subjectively considered.

And now for some subjective notes:

Washington (GENS A/:blink:, NY Rangers, and St. Louis Blues (GENS C/D) will likely be removed from the schedule, in order to make fair results.

And in regards to SNES, this is going to be a mess. The league appears to be...12 players. I will hand out 6 playoff spots instead of 8 (and this is mainly because everyone below the top 6 is either not good enough on points or hasn't played enough games).