NHL'94 Forums

UPDATES and some REASSURANCE

Evan

Hey Coaches!

Here's some updates, questions answered, and such.

01 - There's a new Buffalo coach for the SNES league. His contact info is on his team page of nhl94online.com. He's willing to play as many games as possible. Get in touch with him if you can, his screen name is IamBlurb.

02 - Lets talk about what happens at the Month 1 deadline. (April 2nd). Games that are not played will either be defaulted to DNP (did not play) or forfeit wins or losses. All coaches should post a topic in the "Schedule A Game" forum looking for any coaches they need to play. This way, I can see you made an effort to contact them in writing and can award you the forfeit win. If neither team makes an effort to look for a coach on this forum, both coaches will receive a DNP. This equals 0 pts.

Now, here's the good news. Since we have revolving coaches from time to time, it's not fair for the coach who just took over a team to play 12 games in 3 days. When the deadline is here, any unplayed games will get a DNP or forfeit win or loss. You CAN STILL PLAY THESE GAMES after the deadline. If BOTH coaches agree to play the game, then it can be played and the result will remove the DNP or forfeit. Make sense?

03 - I'm going to be looking to replace a few more coaches (the ones that have disappeared). They may not have a chance to play Month 1 games, so if given the opportunity to play games after the deadline, I would recommend it. I mean, who wants to take forfeits anyway? I just have to do that so the league keeps moving and teams don't fall behind.

04 - Lets talk playoffs. It's pretty simple.. each division leader makes it (1-2 spots) and then the next 6 best teams in each conference make it (3-8 spots). This equals 16 total teams going to the playoffs for each system.

If there's any other questions or concerns about the league, please don't hesitate to post!

Keep playing those games, we're doing great!

-Evan

Addition:

In the small chance both coaches are looking for each other and they just don't connect, I'll give them both a 0-0 tie until they meet up to play the game.

-Evan

SNES is updated as of this post:

You'll see certain things in some games...

DNP = Did not play. This means I didn't see an effort in the "Schedule A Game" thread to play the game by either coach.

FF = Forfeit (win/loss/tie). This was if I saw 1 coach make an effort to play the game in the "Schedule A Game" thread, but didn't see an effort by the other coach. In a couple cases, both coaches were looking and neither connected.. so they received a 0-0 tie.

Now, please remember that all of these games can be made up at anytime, as long as BOTH coaches agree and play. Then you simply post the game as we've been doing and we'll replace the default score. Any score in red means it was a forfeit or DNP, and these are the games that can be made up.

Again, I do this so the league has a specific end date and no one falls too far behind.

Any questions or concerns, ask! It is possible I made an error when looking through all the posts!

-Evan

might want to double check some of those FF wins.. they seem a little off.. NJ for instance..

agree...not sure why i got called for a forfiet against n.j. after i posted that we tried to connect and we would play the game with the other 2 when we finally get connected....and i recieved 2 wins for philly but there is a new coach now and i would rather play and give this guy a chance rather then punish him for takin a team and not havin time to get his games in...so basically i would like all 3 games changed and would rather play them out...ESPECIALLY the new jersey one lol and if you ask him im sure he will agree as we tried multiple times to play i dont want a tie,win or loss without playin the guy

thanks

nyr :D

Hey guys,

I didn't realize there were posts in the general area that were for getting game times. I moved them into the Schedule A Game thread, and adjusted the scores.

Keep up the games everyone, you're making the league a success!

-Evan

agree...not sure why i got called for a forfiet against n.j. after i posted that we tried to connect and we would play the game with the other 2 when we finally get connected....and i recieved 2 wins for philly but there is a new coach now and i would rather play and give this guy a chance rather then punish him for takin a team and not havin time to get his games in...so basically i would like all 3 games changed and would rather play them out...ESPECIALLY the new jersey one lol and if you ask him im sure he will agree as we tried multiple times to play i dont want a tie,win or loss without playin the guy

thanks

nyr :D

Do you ever stop complaining? Be a man, suck it up, and take the loss.

I can't believe I have to live below you ;)

evan not sure if you got my point

i dont want "free" games and i dont think it's fair to a team like philly who is clearly active and just ran out of time. he is a new team and is being punished because the old gm wasted a month. i would like to play both month 1 games against him and me and new jersey already agreed to do a 3 game set at some point for our games, a tie is the last thing i want

thanks

nyr

Yea.. well any games that were DNPs or forfeited can be made up and I would imagine everyone here would rather play the games out than keep the forfeit. It's there in the case that teams don't get to play the game, but most likely all the forfeits will be made up.

The new guys who come in and take over a team seem to know they are trying to make up games as much as they can. Seems like everyone is doing a good job with it. I'm only filling in blanks just so that there's fixed progress on the league with deadlines. This was an issue in the previous league.

-Evan