NHL'94 Forums

Blitz 04 - Farm Playoffs

smozoma

Playoffs Time!

Playoffs ROM

Please download the Farm League playoffs ROM from http://www.blitz94.com/downloads.asp. This ROM has 99-minute overtime.

Making the Playoffs

I took the teams who played 10+ games and didn't make the playoffs in the "A" or "B" leagues if they moved up.

This left 6 teams, so I gave the top 2 teams byes into the 2nd round.

Seeding

Seeding is based on Pts%.

Home/Away Advantage

The team with the higher Pts% can choose if they want to play with home advantage or away advantage (ie they can choose to play AAHHAHA if they want instead of the usual HHAAHAH)

Upload the Games in the Order Played

Please upload the games in the same order you play them so they show up in the correct order on the website

Desynchs

There are lots of different desynch scenarios, so I leave it up to you to resolve the problem.

However, don't forget about the Game Stitcher program that let's you preserve your stats from the original game AND the resumed game.

To use the game stitcher:

1. When you desynch, make a save-state of the game. note the score and time remaining.
  2. start a new game.
  3. score goals to recreate the old score.
  4. wait until about the time it was when it desynched before.
  5. make a save state (like a reference point...). don't forget to change your save slot...
  6. play for real!
  7. make another save state at the end of the game (don't forget to change your save slot)
  8. run the game stitcher program in the directory with your save-states
  9. follow the instructions (copy/paste the file names into the program, enter an output file name)
  10. upload the output to the site!

Or, just do whatever you usually do.

Game Recording

Feel free to record your game using the "Record Game" checkbox in Netplay and send me the .krec files. I doubt I'll convert all of them to put them on youtube/wegame/vimeo, so maybe tell me which game is the most exciting or hilarious. I'll try to do at least one game from each series, plus all games from the finals.

Schedule

See the Results or Upload Game pages.

Edited by smozoma

I'm getting a Page not Found error on the playoffs rom download link

works for me

I'm getting a Page not Found error on the playoffs rom download link

I forgot to upload the ROM to the site! it's up now; try again.

works for me

Make sure you download the Farm League Playoffs ROM from the downloads page.

the site went down last night and got restored to an older state.. dangit.. it lost games 2-7 of icestorm and canadiensfan's series..

i re-uploaded the ROM

Edited by smozoma