NHL'94 Forums

FF vs DNP

aepurniet

can we reowrk this FF, vs DNP system? It has good intentions, but im getting DNPs, while my division mates are getting wins. Normally the system is good, cause you can find if one team has been avoiding a game, and you know who to penalize vs reward. But when one team is never online at all (gens QUE), its not really fair to give some of that teams oponnents wins, and the others DNPs.

I never posted in the schedule a game, cause it looked like the coach just quit. I actaully dont care, (that much about it) but it might change the standinds.

aepurniet,

Well the flip side would be just giving everyone DNPs worth 0pts, whether they tried contacting the opponent or not. Is that fair to the guys making an effort to play the games? Yea, there is no perfect system at the moment... but all a coach has to do is post in the Schedule A Game and it "covers" them from getting a loss in the event they don't play the game.

Eventually, we should have a bunch of guys who all play the games in good time and we won't have to worry about DNPs. Thanks for the concern, please don't hesitate to ask anything else during the league!

-Evan

Yea, there is no perfect system at the moment... but all a coach has to do is post in the Schedule A Game and it "covers" them from getting a loss in the event they don't play the game.

I have to agree, there certainly is no perfect system... but I think this structure works for this type of league. You cant avoid deadbeats, so in the end, they end up at the bottom of the standings anyways.