NHL'94 Forums

GENS: Flyers' Regular Season Wrapup

Tickenest

The Flyers have concluded their regular season as the top seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs and a serious threat to go fo-fo-fo-fo-fo to the Cup. They finished with a 32-8-0 record, winning 80% of the time and exhibiting high levels of panache and style in doing so. They've experienced a series of ups, with a few losses serving as the occasional "Memento Mori" during the season-long triumphal procession of the Flying Men of Philadelphia. The coach has turned this mixed bag of talent into a scoring and defending machine, as the team (as of today) has pulled off the astounding feat of having both the highest Goals For and lowest Goals Against average in the league. This season was always going to be a downhill battle, and it's been an enjoyable romp.

Some of the Highlights:

-Scored 6 or more goals 23 times

-Won by 5 or more goals 18 times

-Scored at least 2 goals 39 times

-Shut out opponent 5 times

-About to sweep every major award

-Best logo

Coming Soon: Playoff Dominance

Still got 7 games to cram in this week, but with a little luck I was hoping that I could best either or both of your league-best goals for and goals against records. Granted such a finish would put me on track for a first round match against the infamous kgman, which could prove to be quite a first round battle. ;)

EDIT: Well, after giving up 15 goals in two games to LA, it seems your goals against mark is safe!!