NHL'94 Forums

games not gettin recorded

pokrchamp

3 of my wins now haven't been recorded (I'm away team)

Don't really care I'll replay the games just don't want to see a habit of this.

Whenever I lose the score gets posted ASAP so its kinda crap.

Also...... 1 guy wanted to see the pregame hot & cold crap... does anyone

wanna see that stuff, should I not skip it.

3 of my wins now haven't been recorded (I'm away team)

Don't really care I'll replay the games just don't want to see a habit of this.

Whenever I lose the score gets posted ASAP so its kinda crap.

Also...... 1 guy wanted to see the pregame hot & cold crap... does anyone

wanna see that stuff, should I not skip it.

The first thing is amazingly wrong.

The second thing... I like looking at it out of habit but I've never once made a substitution based on that screen so I'm not going to cry if you skip it.

I for one have never paid attention to the hot and cold stuff and can never be bothered to even check it out, but to each his own, I do know one guy I used to play against back in the day who used to lose it if you skipped past it!!

Although I doubt it, I wonder if it does have any actual bearing on who is actually going to be hot and cold during that game.............

Although I doubt it, I wonder if it does have any actual bearing on who is actually going to be hot and cold during that game.............

I think they actually nudge the player ratings up or down a point or two if the player is "hot" or "cold" - you can see the numbers as you cycle through the players. But that's not enough for me to make substitutions.

I think they actually nudge the player ratings up or down a point or two if the player is "hot" or "cold" - you can see the numbers as you cycle through the players. But that's not enough for me to make substitutions.

Players don't actually have fixed ratings. For example, a player doesn't have a speed rating of 85. They have rating ranges whose values fluctuate. For example, a player does not have a speed rating of 85. He has a speed rating of say 83-87. At the start of the game a value in that range in assigned. So this player could have a speed rating anywhere from 83 to 87. The hot/cold thing indicates which players have an abundance of their ratings near the top or bottom of the rating range for this game.

Personally I don't pay much attention to this, especially with my current team Detroit. I'm more apt to make a substitution based on what team my opponent is using so I can match up better. If someone REALLY wants to see the hot/cold stuff and they tell me I'll let them see it. If not I'm usually hitting start as soon as that screen pops up!

rudy

Guest BSDaemon

I had a friend who would change his center from kirk muller to umm.. recchi i think, depending on what overall muller was at. He said he found muller to be very slow if his rating was down.

I find the same with wendel clark. Some games he's zippy, and other games he lumbers around.

from now on I'll skip it.

But where it can really come into play is that if your player is cold he may not be able to accept passes or he may miss a few. It can really come into play with crappy teams, tryin playin with ANehiem or Florida when 2 of the forwards are cold they will miss every single pass!!

Doesn't really affect the elite teams & rarely should anyone make a lineup change based on it.

from now on I'll skip it.

But where it can really come into play is that if your player is cold he may not be able to accept passes or he may miss a few. It can really come into play with crappy teams, tryin playin with ANehiem or Florida when 2 of the forwards are cold they will miss every single pass!!

Doesn't really affect the elite teams & rarely should anyone make a lineup change based on it.

If your opponent wants to see it let him.

rudy