NHL'94 Forums

Quick question for schedule-maker

The Deer

I just happened to notice a possible error in my schedule.

I was under the impression that you played everyone from the other conference just once per season- correct?

My schedule has two games against Vancouver (both at Vancouver, which makes me think that maybe the same game was pasted twice by accident), but none against Chicago.

Perhaps one of these Vancouver games is supposed to be against Chicago?

They're games #3 and 16 on my schedule for reference.

Thanks for checking this out for me!

Another thought while I have your attention.

Maybe the first half of the season should be longer and second half shorter (then they wouldnt be "halves", duh!)

Reason being, a lot of people are playing their second half games in the first half anyways, so there is a lot less games to play.

I find that the times I come online, I really only see the same people I've already played, over and over.

Anyways, just a thought for next season I suppose.

Guest BSDaemon
Another thought while I have your attention.

Maybe the first half of the season should be longer and second half shorter (then they wouldnt be "halves", duh!)

Reason being, a lot of people are playing their second half games in the first half anyways, so there is a lot less games to play.

I find that the times I come online, I really only see the same people I've already played, over and over.

Anyways, just a thought for next season I suppose.

Well that doesn't really accomplish anything... it just pushes the deadline back

Maybe the first half of the season should be longer and second half shorter
Well that doesn't really accomplish anything... it just pushes the deadline back

Riiiiiight, isnt that what I said?

The point would be because most people need close to 6 weeks to complete the first half, but would only need about 3 to complete the second half since they play much of the second half games in the first half. So the season would be the same length..

More games played, same amount time - that's what's "accomplished"

:blink:

In response to the schedule question, the reason I made it that way is that in SNES, there are an odd number of teams in each conference. And when I was taking my template from the Gens league schedule, the easiest way to modify it so that each team had an even number of home and away games was to have there be a couple of teams play non-conference teams twice.

Guest BSDaemon
Riiiiiight, isnt that what I said?

The point would be because most people need close to 6 weeks to complete the first half, but would only need about 3 to complete the second half since they play much of the second half games in the first half. So the season would be the same length..

More games played, same amount time - that's what's "accomplished"

:blink:

Right, which makes your suggestion completely pointless. if people are going to play in the first half anyway, why would you bother changing anything from exactly the way it is now? waste of programming time.

Right, which makes your suggestion completely pointless. if people are going to play in the first half anyway, why would you bother changing anything from exactly the way it is now? waste of programming time.

Not sure it's completely pointless. Some people, myself included, prefer to delay their second half games until the second half. If more games were scheduled for the first "semester" vs. the second "semester" (when people are more likely to lose interest and be slower to play), it might speed things up on average.

Guest BSDaemon
Not sure it's completely pointless. Some people, myself included, prefer to delay their second half games until the second half. If more games were scheduled for the first "semester" vs. the second "semester" (when people are more likely to lose interest and be slower to play), it might speed things up on average.

I also prefer to wait.

But it still accomplishes nothing.