NHL'94 Forums

length of periods

hokkeefan

i personally think 5 minutes is to short cause it doesnt give a person time to come back if there is a quick spurt of goals and to let both players have good chance to compete fully in the game...its over before it starts at times....cause we all know sometimes the ai just wont you give a full effort and 10 minute might sway the one sided advantage by ai at times...yes i know some games might get out of control at times but 10 minute periods at most times would be more exciting and less exscillerating by being defeated in 1st period berrage....my spelling sucks but thats my opinion and i think this is a major rule that should be changed

i personally think 5 minutes is to short cause it doesnt give a person time to come back if there is a quick spurt of goals and to let both players have good chance to compete fully in the game...its over before it starts at times....cause we all know sometimes the ai just wont you give a full effort and 10 minute might sway the one sided advantage by ai at times...yes i know some games might get out of control at times but 10 minute periods at most times would be more exciting and less exscillerating by being defeated in 1st period berrage....my spelling sucks but thats my opinion and i think this is a major rule that should be changed

10 minutes is just too long... And, actually, I like 5 minutes precisely because anyone can win with just a few good bounces. If the game goes on too long, you know who's going to win ahead of time. I think the oNHL94 stats league used 7 minute periods, and that was ok, but past that it's just too long.

And there's more chance of a desynch the longer the game goes (not that it happens much, but...).

10 minutes is just too long... And, actually, I like 5 minutes precisely because anyone can win with just a few good bounces. If the game goes on too long, you know who's going to win ahead of time. I think the oNHL94 stats league used 7 minute periods, and that was ok, but past that it's just too long.

And there's more chance of a desynch the longer the game goes (not that it happens much, but...).

ok yeah i agree 7 minutes would be perfect