NHL'94 Forums

Playoff Preview Analysis...SNES A

the94kid

1) Que vs 8) Mtl-beyond a tough series for either team to take in the first round, however, Que has been on a tear all season and has been very consistant in his play...the offense is firing and i think Que has the edge coming in having played basically a full season. Do not count shaka out though, the guy is one of the most complete players in the league and although he's been dormant im sure he is looking to seek revenge on last years exit.......biff calls this one 4-2 Que

2)Pit vs 7) Buf- the pens have been surging after starting the season off 11-8, the coach rallied the troops and went on a 12 game tear...the offense is clicking, the d and netminding are finally performing like they should and pitt feels they are entering the playoffs on the right foot...having said that we will take no opponent lightly and look forward to a hard fought series....in my first game as a professional 94 player was beaten by mr. bs and haven't forgot that....biff calls this 4-1 pitt

3)Htf vs 6)NYR - aside from the mtl/que series this one could be the most interesting in my opinion, battled with schwartz last year in rd 1 and gave me all i could handle, luckily i had a large supply of alexander keiths to lead me to victory lol, i as well have lost to nyr twice this season and was quite impressed with his play....biff calls 4-2 hart

4)Phi vs 5)Bos -mcmarkis vs steveyboy, this has potential to be a good series as another cb boy has joined the league, mcmarkis is a solid player and has an above avg 1timer, can the caper rookie roll with him....4-1 philly

1)Det vs 8)Cal - another tough 8 seed is lethal, this guy played awesome this season despite his record and took down a couple tough opponents this season, unfortunately for him he is up against rudy who finally played up to his potential this season as expected, was an offensive powerhouse all season but allows quite a few goals as well...will it be off or def that takes this one ???......biff calls it 4-1 Det

2)LA vs 7)Edm -fenty and slimeball ..."lets get it on"...should be a great battle between two top vets...hard one to pick but i will call this one 4-3 fenty, just dont think slime is as dominant with the oil and fenty has been playing reg games all year

3)Win vs 6)Van-should be a fast paced high scoring series, pokerchamp has bursted on the scene this year and is a welcome addition, can the rook hold on and take down the high flying canucks???....calling 4-2 Win

4)Chi vs 5)Stl- prob the most watched series in the first round, energymike has established himself as an elite player this season and looks to keep proving himself with a rd 1 upset against the def champ. despite finishing 5th and a minus 8 in goal dif this guy proved himself in the playoffs last season and should not be taken lightly....because of lack of icetime im gonna call this one 4-3 Chi

This is purely for entertainment value lol and hope no one on the short stick takes it seriously, good luck to all in the playoffs and hope everyone returns next season to turn this league into what it was before

feel free to reply with opinions as well :P

4)Chi vs 5)Stl- prob the most watched series in the first round, energymike has established himself as an elite player this season and looks to keep proving himself with a rd 1 upset against the def champ. despite finishing 5th and a minus 8 in goal dif this guy proved himself in the playoffs last season and should not be taken lightly....because of lack of icetime im gonna call this one 4-3 Chi

Thanks for the tip..I just called my bookie and made the switch to chicago.

Guest BSDaemon

IM GOING TO f**king OWN MY FIRST ROUND SERIES IN A SWEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Whats that? I'm playing the94kid? Oh.... disregard that then..... :rolleyes:

Guest BSDaemon
LOL PRICELESS!!!

I see it coming man, I MIGHT sneak a game from you... but unlikely. But hey, I only wanted to be in the A league so I could play more games... since I had been idle at 34GP and it didn't look like I was going to get any more games played any time soon. I was also there for you guys to beat up so you could get some games in :lol:

I was just happy to sneak some games away from a couple guys here and there :lol:

*buffalo marches off to their doom* :rolleyes: