NHL'94 Forums

What about Bob?

addisonbr

Hey Bob - Just checking in... Which of Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday will you be available to get the games in? Let me know and I'll plan around it.

Hey man, sorry I've been away the past week with no interent. Thought i could play tonight but had a family medical emergency. I'll try to play tomorrow Monday night. If I'm not online then Tuesday will be the night of Hockey Playoffs. Hope this is okay for you - sorry about the problems.

Bob

Hey man, sorry I've been away the past week with no interent. Thought i could play tonight but had a family medical emergency. I'll try to play tomorrow Monday night. If I'm not online then Tuesday will be the night of Hockey Playoffs. Hope this is okay for you - sorry about the problems.

Bob

Cool, I'll stay logged on tonight then. Hopefully it works out.

I'M SAILING!

I'll try to play tomorrow Monday night. If I'm not online then Tuesday will be the night of Hockey Playoffs.

Didn't see you logged on tonight so we'll have to try for Tuesday.

Tuesday night is tough for me. I'm pretty available during the day - up to say, 6pm or so. I'll be logged on about 50% of the time, but if there's a time in that range you know you can play, I can work around that.

However, I've got a group event dinner that starts at 7pm and will go for at least two or three hours, so from that point on my availability is pretty sketchy. Hopefully we can get it done before then.

Wife: Seriously, honey, it's time for bed. What are you even doing anyway?

Me: What? Oh, just waiting to play that hockey thing, doesn't look like it's going to happen though. I'll shut down.

Wife: It's the second round now?

Me: No, this is still the first round.

Wife: I thought you played the first round already?

Me: No, the guy hasn't shown up yet.

Wife: Wait, what? Didn't you already schedule something?

Me: I dunno, kinda. He hasn't logged on since the playoffs were announced, so I started asking around a few days ago. His friend said he'd be back Sunday night, so I waited for him but he never showed up. He later posted that he'd try for Monday night though.

Wife: You played Monday night I thought.

Me: No, those were just exhibition games with other people, while I was waiting for him to show. I gave up after a few hours, but he did say that if Monday didn't work he'd definitely play Tuesday.

Wife: ...but you didn't?

Me: No, he didn't show up today or tonight either. (Sigh).

Wife: Wait, you've been making "dates" with people you don't know, guys, to play video games, on the Internet... And you're getting stood up?

Me: Well--

Wife: Oh my god. That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. Ever.

Me: I don't think I would put it that--

Wife: You're getting stood up for Internet video game dates! With guys! Repeatedly! What part of "loser" don't you understand? I can't believe I dumped Michael to go out with you!

Me: What?

Wife: Michael was a MODEL. A MODEL. He got PAID to wear nice clothes and look pretty. And I dumped him, to go out with - and marry! A guy who gets stood up for Internet video game dates! With guys! Repeatedly! Jesus! Christ!

Me: I don't--

Wife: Hey lonely nerd man, how do you spell "irreconcilable differences"?

Wife: Seriously, honey, it's time for bed. What are you even doing anyway?

Me: What? Oh, just waiting to play that hockey thing, doesn't look like it's going to happen though. I'll shut down.

Wife: It's the second round now?

Me: No, this is still the first round.

Wife: I thought you played the first round already?

Me: No, the guy hasn't shown up yet.

Wife: Wait, what? Didn't you already schedule something?

Me: I dunno, kinda. He hasn't logged on since the playoffs were announced, so I started asking around a few days ago. His friend said he'd be back Sunday night, so I waited for him but he never showed up. He later posted that he'd try for Monday night though.

Wife: You played Monday night I thought.

Me: No, those were just exhibition games with other people, while I was waiting for him to show. I gave up after a few hours, but he did say that if Monday didn't work he'd definitely play Tuesday.

Wife: ...but you didn't?

Me: No, he didn't show up today or tonight either. (Sigh).

Wife: Wait, you've been making "dates" with people you don't know, guys, to play video games, on the Internet... And you're getting stood up?

Me: Well--

Wife: Oh my god. That's the most pathetic thing I've ever heard of. Ever.

Me: I don't think I would put it that--

Wife: You're getting stood up for Internet video game dates! With guys! Repeatedly! What part of "loser" don't you understand? I can't believe I dumped Michael to go out with you!

Me: What?

Wife: Michael was a MODEL. A MODEL. He got PAID to wear nice clothes and look pretty. And I dumped him, to go out with - and marry! A guy who gets stood up for Internet video game dates! With guys! Repeatedly! Jesus! Christ!

Me: I don't--

Wife: Hey lonely nerd man, how do you spell "irreconcilable differences"?

lol....that's hilarious

Hey Addison,

Wasn't on Tuesday I was at the hospital all day with family - I'll be on tomorrow around 6pm wednesday!!!! i might be on around 12-2pm but probably not - I'll be on at 6pm and i'll try for after 8:30pm

I was on from noon to midnight today but didn't see you... I hope everything is okay with you and your family. I'm not sure what to do about our series, but there are obviously more important things than this right now.

I was on from noon to midnight today but didn't see you... I hope everything is okay with you and your family. I'm not sure what to do about our series, but there are obviously more important things than this right now.

Postscript - We actually got the games in. It was a late night for me, but I'm sure a later one for Bob. Good luck with everything buddy.