NHL'94 Forums

bloody head

Interesting question. My first thought though would be how after a whistle, there is basically an invisible wall put up in front of the net that prevents the puck from going in, even if the goal shouldn't count anyway.

One would think that a similar thing would occur in either scenario, where the whistle blows as soon as a player bleeds, thus walling off the net, or the play is dead after a goal, thus disabling the code that makes a player bleed after a forceful enough hit.

I am curious about post whistle fighting though. I know that after an egregious enough beat down, the loser can acquire a gushing head wound, but I've only ever seen that in a fight that stopped the play, rather than post whistle shenanigans. And if that still counts.

10 hours ago, von Ozbourne said:

Interesting question. My first thought though would be how after a whistle, there is basically an invisible wall put up in front of the net that prevents the puck from going in, even if the goal shouldn't count anyway.

One would think that a similar thing would occur in either scenario, where the whistle blows as soon as a player bleeds, thus walling off the net, or the play is dead after a goal, thus disabling the code that makes a player bleed after a forceful enough hit.

I am curious about post whistle fighting though. I know that after an egregious enough beat down, the loser can acquire a gushing head wound, but I've only ever seen that in a fight that stopped the play, rather than post whistle shenanigans. And if that still counts.

I think the post-whistle fighting only exists in NHL Hockey (i.e. "92").  

I don't think you can have the head bleeding for the reasons you lay out.  The head bleed happens on injury.  And I've never seen that in '94 (tens of thousands of games) because once the player goes down for an injury, the puck doesn't go in the net.  I've seen that on breakaways where the player gets the puck past the goalie, runs into the goalie causing an injury to himself, and the puck stops at the goal line

22 hours ago, kingraph said:

I think the post-whistle fighting only exists in NHL Hockey (i.e. "92").  

I don't think you can have the head bleeding for the reasons you lay out.  The head bleed happens on injury.  And I've never seen that in '94 (tens of thousands of games) because once the player goes down for an injury, the puck doesn't go in the net.  I've seen that on breakaways where the player gets the puck past the goalie, runs into the goalie causing an injury to himself, and the puck stops at the goal line

This was a NHLPA93 question not 94.