NHL'94 Forums

Update of what's to come

Evan

Coaches,

I just wanted to give you an idea of how the league is shaping up.

Currently we have 24 Genesis teams and 22 SNES teams. Registration will end tomorrow night. At this point we will have all teams, coaches in divisions and ready to go. I will be creating the 40 game schedule during this week for each team. Each team will have a teampage where they can see their schedule.

You can view a sample one here: http://www.nhl94online.com/html/teampage/gens/new-jersey.asp

Coaches will be expected to play 13-14 games a Month. The regular season will carry on for 3 months from the time the season starts. I am hoping to have the season start March 4-5th. It may start a little later depending on if I get everything ready by then.

Playoffs will seed similar to the NHL. Top division leaders get 1&2 spots, with the next 6 teams getting spots in order of points for a total of 8 teams per Conference. (8 Wales teams, 8 Campbell teams.) This will happen for both Genesis and SNES.

Coaches will also be expected to post all scores from league games here on the forums. I will have a scores area up soon. Feel free to ask any questions.

-Evan

Guest BSDaemon

do we have to play the 40 games in order? Or could we simply play 4 games (or however many it works out to) against one team all at the same time? Or play a team whenever it's convenient?

You can always play ahead of schedule, play all 3 division games vs an opponent at once, etc. I will have deadlines that certain league games must be finished by. For example, after 1 month into the season.. you must have those 14 games played that were scheduled in month 1.

After month 1 of the season, everyone will have at least 14 games played.. and hopefully they were all played out and not forfeited.

Make sense?

-Evan

I just wanted to give everyone an update:

The Genesis schedule is done and posted on the nhl94online website. You can view schedules by going to your team page. I'm hoping to have the league start this weekend (March 4-5th). I'm not sure if I will have a chance to put all the line changes into the ROMs. May just leave them defaulted unless I have spare time.

I should have the SNES schedule done in a couple days (I will most likely just use the Genesis one and modify a couple of the different teams).

Also, we should have some Gens/SNES playing guides on the nhl94online website soon. Stuff like how to connect through kaillera and zbattle to play your games. You can eventually find this on the rules page.

More to come soon!

-Evan