NHL'94 Forums

What happens??

Guest BSDaemon

Guest BSDaemon

What happens if I try to play a game against somebody who can't figure out how to port forward, etc? I was there to play the game, so I would hope -I- wouldnt be penalized for it...

Auto 1-0 win?

Hey BSDaemon,

Mat wrote up a how-to for zbattle.. I just haven't posted it yet. I was hoping to last night but I didn't have time so I will post that tonight. Let's try to be a little flexible until we work out some kinks.. since this is new for some.

I would say try to meet up again and play.. and hopefully that time around it goes smooth. Mat (schwartz on this forum) is going to be answering most of the SNES questions during the season, so maybe he can help whoever was having trouble.

Mat, feel free to chime in here.

-Evan

Guest BSDaemon
Hey BSDaemon,

Mat wrote up a how-to for zbattle.. I just haven't posted it yet. I was hoping to last night but I didn't have time so I will post that tonight. Let's try to be a little flexible until we work out some kinks.. since this is new for some.

I would say try to meet up again and play.. and hopefully that time around it goes smooth. Mat (schwartz on this forum) is going to be answering most of the SNES questions during the season, so maybe he can help whoever was having trouble.

Mat, feel free to chime in here.

-Evan

Okay thats good... but I just want a clear ruling for if the end of the month comes, and a game hasnt been played because one player couldnt get the game working... what would happen?

If a coach makes an attempt to play a game vs an opponent, and the opponent doesn't do their part... the coach who made an attempt (and they should post their attempt on this forum) would get the 1-0 win. In other words, your last effort should be to contact them on this forum, proving to me that you made an attempt to play.

-Evan

Daemon like Evan mentioned there will be a guide going up in the next few days to explain some of the connection issues guys might have. While its best if both players are able to get around their firewalls, or arn't even behind one to begin with, only the host needs to be completely open.

If you use the netplay feature in zsnes and both you and your opponent uncheck the little box that says "use UDP instead of TCP" you should be able to have a game no problems. Again though at least one of you must have the proper ports forwarded or another way around the firewall. Hope that might help you out and feel free to add me on aim: schwartz124

Guest BSDaemon
Daemon like Evan mentioned there will be a guide going up in the next few days to explain some of the connection issues guys might have. While its best if both players are able to get around their firewalls, or arn't even behind one to begin with, only the host needs to be completely open.

If you use the netplay feature in zsnes and both you and your opponent uncheck the little box that says "use UDP instead of TCP" you should be able to have a game no problems. Again though at least one of you must have the proper ports forwarded or another way around the firewall. Hope that might help you out and feel free to add me on aim: schwartz124

Hehe you don't need to be telling ME all that!! hahaha