NHL'94 Forums

Gens D - Kings end regular season with win; credit science.

awesomerino

QUEBEC CITY (Oct. 28) -- After a prolonged absence from regular season play, the LA Kings, still reeling from the homicidal locker room coup that claimed 11 lives, ended their season on high-note, beating the Nordiques 4-2 at Le Colisee thanks to some miraculous developments in modern medicine.

Following the crucifixion and cannibalisation of underachieving netminder Kelly Hrudey, the Kings appeared all but doomed to play out their season in front of back-up goalie and noted douchebag Rick Knickle, until the Nintendo Experimental Science Center phoned coach Awesomerino J. Awesometon with a remarkble discovery. While conducting their research in cyber-genetics, Nintendo scientists were able isolate the "up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, B, A, select, start" gene, which allows for the cloning of up to 30 versions of any living being. Originally designed to assist US Contras fighting overseas, the Nintendo Scientists - all huge LA Kings fans - decided to run tests on the severed head of Kelly Hrudey, which captain Wayne Gretzky finally removed from atop his head when informed he needed to re-don his usual Jofa helmet to resume play. Scientists were able to clone a newer, better version of Kelly Hrudey, who backstopped the Kings to their 13th victory of the 20-game season.

"It was really nice of them," remarked coach Awesometon from his bunker/office. "When we heard we were finally going to play again, there was some awkwardness in the room, what with Gretzky wearing that diaper for so long and drinking human blood like it's coffee, so when Hrudey 2.0 walked in, we kinda felt the sense of closure we'd been looking for."

For his part, Gretzky was philosophical about the experience. "I guess I went a little overboard," remarked the Great One in a rare moment of lucidity, "but as long as I'm wearing the original Kelly Hrudey's heart around my neck, we'll be in good shape."

• 3 months later...

Pure genius, awesomerino.

I came in on a goog search for "kelly hrudey sucks nhl 94", and I found this post (and interesting forum). I guess I'm not the only one who thought about Hrudey like that.