NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 ranked 3rd for best sports game

dmac

Seeing as gamefaqs.com is pretty much all about mario games and stuff like that, this must be considered pretty good I guess?

Click here for the Top 10 List

Good stuff dmac. Obviously, nhl94 should be #1 but seriously, to beat out Tecmo Bowl and Baseball Stars... DAMN! That's impressive.

Although, was surprised to see a college fball and bball make the top 2 spots. And also surprised not to see the original RBI Baseball on the list.

Tecmo Super Bowl is leagues ahead of anything you will see nowadays - only there's little "football" in the "game."

Baseball Stars (and it's many reincarnations) is also incredibly good. We have a very perceptive non-hockey community here (and I just think that all sports games made in the last 10 years are horrid simulatrons).

Something unknown because nobody plays it much: Super Rugby for the SNES (japan only), not the best simulation of the sport, but an easy-to-get-into game - much like NHL94, I learned rugby from this game, and learned how to actually PLAY this game from playing actual rugby.

Generally, the older the sports game, the more game-elements there are (making it more fun) with less sports elements (those make it less fun).

Thank god NHL94 combined them both oh-so-well.