NHL'94 Forums

Gens D - Rangers Sink In 6

SSiG

TAMPA BAY, FL --- The Broadway Blueshirts found a way to lose their series against the heavy underdogs from Tampa Bay.

As Brian Bradley put in the series-winning goal that gave us an improbable Quebec v. Tampa Bay matchup in the Eastern Conference Finals, coach Tom Delgado and the New York Rangers are left wondering what might have been. After the Nordiques knocked off the Sabres in 7, the Rangers were considered heavy favorites to take down the Eastern Conference title and possibly the NHL94.com Gens D cup, but fate conspired against coach Delgado, as it always seems to.

"A disgrace" Coach Delgado summed the entire series up as. "That's all it was. A full-blown disgrace. We really thought we could win this series and it would springboard us to a title. I must be cursed to coach such terrible teams. First the GDL Devils, now this group of losers. Do I have to hang myself to get thrown a team that can win?" Delgado said before storming off the podium and potentially out of New York for good. The players offered no comments, as the locker room was held on lockdown after the loss.

P_Jose_Mourinho_3_01.jpg

No Sympathy for Delgado as Rangers Go Down in Sea of Flames