NHL'94 Forums

I Like The Juiced Rom More Than This Classic Original Rom

JeffBC

With players like Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Wayne Gretzky and Jeremy Roenick in this game

just one-time it to them and there is a good chance for a goal.

These players will have luck on there side most nights.

Mario gets the bounces.

Pittsburgh, Detroit, Los Angelas and Chicago should be banned from the leagues with this rom.lol.

If you have 1 of these 4 teams you have a great chance if you one-time.

I'd like the leagues to go by the players names not the team.

You can be any team you want.(I have a dream.)

I like the juiced rom more now than this rom because everybody is at the same rating.

It should be the original rom with everybody at 100 rating.So it's still the classic roster.

Defense control set to always on.

It's the better way to go so there is no Dallas vs Detroit with all the lucky bounces going to Detroit in the playoffs.

It's more fair this way for everybody.

Have all-time teams with Halifax's Juiced rom with them all at 100 rating.

To make it a little different from the Classic league rom.

Some day adjust the ratings a little bit.

It wouldn't take Xstioph much time to make this rom. :lol:

With players like Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Steve Yzerman, Sergei Fedorov, Wayne Gretzky and Jeremy Roenick in this game

just one-time it to them and there is a good chance for a goal.

These players will have luck on there side most nights.

Mario gets the bounces.

I'd like the leagues to go by the players names not the team.

You can be any team you want.(I have a dream.)

Pittsburgh, Detroit, Los Angelas and Chicago should be banned from the leagues with this rom.lol.

If you have 1 of these 4 teams you have a great chance if you one-time.

I like the juiced rom more now than this rom because everybody is at the same rating.

It should be the original rom with everybody at 100 rating.So it's still the classic roster.

Defense control set to always on.

It's the better way to go so there is no Dallas vs Detroit with all the lucky bounces going to Detroit in the playoffs.

It's more fair this way for everybody.

Have all-time teams with Halifax's Juiced rom with them all at 100 rating.

To make it a little different from the Classic league rom.

Some day adjust the ratings a little bit.

It wouldn't take Xstioph much time to make this rom. :lol:

Jeff buddy...you've been playing this game since it came out 14 years ago...at what point did you realize that the great players have the luck and make the plays?

You won the 'A' finals and that's awesome...congrats to you...but even in victory this post oddly sounds a little like sour grapes because fenty was using mario as the majority part of his offence. He knew he could score by giving it to Mario, yet you think we should ban pittsburgh because of this? did you not forget you have Bure on your team? should we ban vancouver as well?...what about mogilny and buffalo...or selanne and winnipeg...do we ban them?

I like the juiced rom better as well....I like the speed of it...and that's why I ran a league with the rom...just to have something different from the classic league(and the previous leagues I ran). But the classic league is still the classic league. I don't think any teams should be banned...it's THEE game we grew up playing and we enjoy it.

Perhaps make your first choice pittsburgh next season;)....just kidding bud...I know you'll put vancouver again.

Congrats again buddy...You deserved the title!

Darrell I realized it very early on when playing this game you have a few teams that outshine the rest.

But yeah if you like the classic rom with old ratings for this league.

I'm cool with that.

I just thought it makes sense with the evolvement of these new better roms

that makes the league equal for every team so it's more fair for everybody.

I really wouldn't have wanted to ban a team from the league.lol :lol:

Thanks Darrell for the nice words.

Jeff, you know from doing the one-nights that the only fair way to do player-vs-player is to let them choose the team.

Juiced doesn't do everything - team knowledge is critical when playing the regular rom, and juiced throws that all away. But since we have a tradition here of taking one team and sticking with it, juiced is the ONLY way to play leagues on NHL94.com. Without team affiliations, a lot of people would be like "wtf is the point of a league then."

But I'm glad to see more people choosing the even-team rom (I told Darrell when I started playing NHL94 here - as San Jose, of course - that fairness is compromised because some players are so terribly disadvantaged/advantaged). This game is all about teams, but the league should be about the players.

Kudos to Xstioph for making the rom, and drinnagh (tony twist) for telling me about it back on that fateful day in mid-November :lol: