NHL'94 Forums

Classic League Playoff History

angryjay93

I got bored and curious tonight and wondered what teams have had good or bad performances in classic league history. I included all 8 GENS leagues in classic that have been completed so far. Below I have complied in order what teams have made the playoffs the most with stanley cups in parenthesis.

1.Chicago- 8/8 (1)

2. Montreal- 7/8 (3)

3. Pittsburgh 7/8 (2)

4. Los Angeles- 7/8

4. Quebec- 7/8

6. Boston- 6/7

6. Detroit- 6/7

6. Winnipeg- 6/7

9. Calgary- 5/7

10. Washington- 4/4

11. Toronto- 4/5

12. Vancouver- 4/6

13. Philadelphia- 4/7

14. Hartford- 3/6

15. New York Rangers- 3/7

16. Tampa Bay- 2/2

17. Dallas- 2/3 (1)

18. New York Islanders- 2/3

19. St. Louis- 2/7 (1)

20. Florida- 1/1

21. San Jose 1/2

22. Edmonton- 1/4

23. Buffalo- 1/7

24. Anaheim- 0/1

25. Ottawa- 0/1

26. New Jersey- 0/2

No surprise that Chicago is the top team and Montreal has the most cups. LA may be the most surprising top 5 team thanks to their lackluster defense.

Washington stands out with its perfect rating, but could be inflated due to the fact that the last team to qualify was in C league and the one before that was fall 06.

The Rangers, St. Louis and Buffalo are the biggest disappointments, especially Buffalo with that meager 1/7 rate, but Vocal is doing his part to help improve that in the spring 08 league.

Only 3 teams have yet to make the playoffs, I dare everyone to go for the ultimate challenge, qualify with New Jersey, Anaheim, or Ottawa.