NHL'94 Forums

SNES B 20 Game league For Fall

kupuck19

So I was just talking to Metz about getting a 20 Game league for a SNES Fall Classic League.

Personally with school and pre-season hockey workouts my time has become limited but I don't quite want to hang up the 94 skates for the school year.

Anyone else interested in doing a shorter season like this? The league would have to be 2-games against everybody, so there would need to be 11-12 Coaches in this league (very similar to last years GENS B and GENS D league which were a success).

Any takers?

Basically, I wouldn't mind if the B league was a little smaller, but by matter of principle I want the season to be a home/away against everyone, and nothing more. The "20 games" number is simply a target - it might be 18 games, it might be 24, but I think that the B league for SNES should be a little smaller than the A league, and I can cap it at 14 players if necessary (26 games). The A league will be bigger, hopefully (28-40 games).

There's a few players that I think should be in this league - and I would be in it, providing we got enough players:

metzgerism

vinniersmith

sarcdoc23

houlanov

stattonhl94

pondhcky1

Those who might be on the fence (although depending on numbers they might be better in A league):

bobkudelski26

gihtarman

These are eight guys, plus any GENS water-testers and newcomers. This may, however, mean that there are not enough guys to stage a good-sized "A league," so no promises here.

Basically, I wouldn't mind if the B league was a little smaller, but by matter of principle I want the season to be a home/away against everyone, and nothing more. The "20 games" number is simply a target - it might be 18 games, it might be 24, but I think that the B league for SNES should be a little smaller than the A league, and I can cap it at 14 players if necessary (26 games). The A league will be bigger, hopefully (28-40 games).

There's a few players that I think should be in this league - and I would be in it, providing we got enough players:

metzgerism

vinniersmith

sarcdoc23

houlanov

stattonhl94

pondhcky1

Those who might be on the fence (although depending on numbers they might be better in A league):

bobkudelski26

gihtarman

These are eight guys, plus any GENS water-testers and newcomers. This may, however, mean that there are not enough guys to stage a good-sized "A league," so no promises here.

I will be surprised if you find 34 SNES players. Last SNES league was 28 games - surely that's not too much more than 20?

• 4 weeks later...
I'm posting to schedule a test game as a new coach whenever a new season starts. I have not been able to get a connection using either SNES emulator, so that may need to get sorted out.
Test games are pointless if you're not posting your AIM screen name.