NHL'94 Forums

Blitz01 - Reboot - Season starts now!

smozoma

The season has started.

Basically everything you really need (ROM, emulator) is at http://www.blitz94.com/downloads.asp, but there is more detail below, especially info about how to upload your game results to the website...

For those who haven't played in the GDL, FVHL, or Dynasty leagues before, please read everything here, especially the stuff about how to upload your game results to the web site.

Season Length

The season is 44 games long for both the "A" and "B" leagues. This translates to 5 or 6 games against each coach. The reason it's 44 games is because eventually the A and B leagues will both have 12 teams, so you'll play each of the 11 other coaches 4 times.

To begin with, only 2 games against each other coach are available on the Upload a Game page. In a week or two, I will release the rest of the games. (this also gives me some time to consider changing the max teams to 10 and the schedule length to 36!)

Playoffs will be 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5, then re-seed. 7-game series.

Deadlines / Checkpoints

I don't want this league to drag on and on. The season will be about 8 weeks long. This is 5.5 games per week, which is about 90 minutes. Please try your best to meet these deadlines. I will create another post in a couple days with deadline dates and replacement policies. Please play at least 12 games in the next 2 weeks, though.

ROM

To get the ROM, go to http://www.blitz94.com/downloads.asp. It's called blitz_nhl94_s01ab_reboot.bin

Emulator

You need an emulator that has been modified for so it can save during online play. Get one at http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/downloads.asp.

At the end of the game, during the "Three Stars" screen, hit F5 to create a 'save state' of your game (it'll create a file called "blitz_nhl94_s01ab_reboot.gs0" or gs1, gs2, etc). You need to upload this file to the website to have your game count (more on this below).

Peer-2-Peer Kaillera Client

You also need the Kaillera DLL that allows you to play online and do P2P direct connection play (but you can still play on servers if you want). This is also on the Blitz94 Downloads page. Put the DLL in with the emulator (you might need to overwrite an existing kailleraclient.dll file)

Password

Your password, to start the season, is the same as your user name; your user name is your AIM name. It's also your name on the Standings page

If you want your password changed, contact me. The password is used when uploading a game.

Standings

View the Standings page.

If you don't see your name on the standings, then go to the top of the page and select the appropriate league where it says || Leagues: "A" "B" Farm ||

How to Upload a Game

Here is how it works.

• At the end of the game, when the Three Stars are showing on the screen, press the F5 key on your keyboard. This does a "Quick Save" of the game and creates a file called "blitz_nhl94_s01ab_reboot.gs0" (or .gs1, .gs2, etc).
  • Go to the Upload a Game page on the Blitz website. You will be asked to log in, first. Use your name from the Standings page as both your user name and password.
  • Click the Browse button and find and select the quick save file.
  • Find the game you just played in the list and click the circle to the left of it to select it.
  • Click the Upload button to upload the game.
  • After about a 20 seconds, the page should reload, and it'll show you the score of the game and give a link to the boxscore page for it.

If there is a problem uploading, please copy down the error message, contact me, and tell me the error. Also don't delete or overwrite the save file.