NHL'94 Forums

Important League Issues (poll included)

CamKneely

Number of weekly games requested  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How many games per week do you want?

• 5 (end in November)
    • 3 (end in January)

Me and swos are going to be running things, he has the site and I have a lot of free time on my hands and ideas to make this season one of the best yet. This is a league with history, we all know that. Most of it is good history. I see no reason why the people who still want to be involved after the recent turbulance can't help me and swos in making this season one to remember. I want every game to be recorded by both players, in case one of them doesn't work, and sent to me. I will then make these videos viewable, adding commentary and other nice touches, which I think will add to the importance and excitement of every game this season.

It is very easy to record your games, whether you play via p2p or server play. I know Kega Fusion is out of vogue for pretty much everyone these days. Smozoma was nice enough to make a tutorial describing how to record your games. All you need to do is follow the step of clicking Record, I'll handle the rest of the steps. It can be found here http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=4917 . Also, these leagues usually have the problems of certain players playing a ton of games at once, which is encouraged, but compared with some guys who don't keep up, it makes the standings, stats, and even games themselves mean a little less in my opinion. Thanks to this, me and swos would like to suggest a system where either 3 or 5 games are released weekly for everyone, and played each week.

We have agreed that the season should end and the playoffs begin either in November or January. We know December is a busy month for everyone with the holidays and we don't want to enforce too strict deadlines when people have less time than normal. So, does everyone want to finish in November, or January? If we all get our games done on time each week, either one is easy to accomplish. If you know of a week when you'll be busy or on vacation, contact me and we'll add these games to your schedule before the official end of the first half so that you can have an amnesty window and not get behind. This disciplined schedule will make everything lots of fun. The standings will all be close all year long, heating up playoff races and stats battles in a way never before seen.

Edited by CamKneely

November please.

5 Games a week.

But i kind of Disagree with the just release those games, i mean, i know me and Hokk will overplay the rest, but, releasing that much few games, will probably get the guys with issues jacking in games, even bigger, have even bigger issiues, as they will have fewer time to face, maybe another guy with issues, and it will slow down the beat tremendously, of course, they will get DNP's but that kinda ruins the thing, winning by Default.

FPB, we have a system designed to help people communicate with each other via the new GDL site. It will prove if true efforts are made between both parties. If they both try to get things done and can't do it within a week they can do it later. I know some people can't resist the urge to play a bunch of games and save them for later logging. Nothing I can do to prove it one way or another. I would say I strongly discourage it :lol: