NHL'94 Forums

Draft player lists

smozoma

The 2nd round took 64 hours. Not bad. A few long waits, but overall pretty good.

I'd like if we could get the 4th round down to under 48 hours.

I'm going to put in deadlines for picks that are taking too long. The rule will be: you need to pick within 24 hours of the person who picked 4 spots ahead of you. So, if you have the 5th pick, you need to pick within 24 hours of the 1st pick (5-4=1).

So, in practical terms, this means you need to check the site at least once per 24 hours.

If your pick is approaching and you don't know if you'll be around for it, please send me a list of several players you would like me to pick for you if you're not around. You can do this through the forum private messages, or on AIM.

Just a note on pick limits: In the 4th round, there is a limit on the number of players that can be drafted from each team with free picks (i.e. not protection picks). The limit is a total of 3 players from rounds 1 through 4 (not including protection picks). A few teams have already lost 2, but most have only lost 1. The site will inform you if you try to pick a player who's 'locked in'. You can also use this page to see what players have already been drafted from each team: http://www.blitz94.com/draftab/lastseasonteam.asp. In the lower table on the page, there is a column called "Protect" that says if a player was protected (True) or drafted (False). If you pick a player from your own team with a free pick, it still counts towards this total.

Awesome, we got the round done in 46 hours.

Let's keep round 6 under 48 hours, too!

If you're waiting around for some guys 1-5 spots ahead of you to pick.. consider sending me a list if you're going to go offline. In these later rounds, you can usually get your 2nd or 3rd list guy easy.

Thanks!

Edited by smozoma

would you check the 'Pick List' when it's someones turn or is that just for our own use?

if someone uses the pick list feature, they need to tell me to look at it. because i don't know if they were just messing around with it or were using it seriously

I have a question:

I have noticed that there are players that increased their overall ratings in comparison to last season. Some guys did raise their stocks while others stayed the same and a few more actually have a little less. My question is, is the overall increase related to the performance of each player in the previous season? If so, does it have any bearing on their atrributes?

I have a question:

I have noticed that there are players that increased their overall ratings in comparison to last season. Some guys did raise their stocks while others stayed the same and a few more actually have a little less. My question is, is the overall increase related to the performance of each player in the previous season? If so, does it have any bearing on their atrributes?

they should be the same. who did you notice?

Well, for instance, in your weight free rom for NHL 94, I saw that Darren Puppa has 53 overall and when I looked at the Pick Player List, he increased it to 61 overall. That's a pretty good jump there. Kelly Hrudey, who's normally around 56-58 overall, jumped to 65.

Edited by RedWingDevil

Well, for instance, in your weight free rom for NHL 94, I saw that Darren Puppa has 53 overall and when I looked at the Pick Player List, he increased it to 61 overall. That's a pretty good jump there. Kelly Hrudey, who's normally around 56-58 overall, jumped to 65.

Goalies in blitz are buffed, except Roy and Belfour. they have +1 agility (worth 4) and +1 to two random glove/stick attributes (worth 1 each, for a total of +6 to each goalie)

40 hours for round 6, awesome.

I still haven't been receiving many lists, though.

hopefully everyone does their protection pick tonight

Round 8 will have 30 minute deadlines

I'm going to start drawing up the deadlines now and will post again when they're up

we'll see how far we get tonight, midnight-ish, then i'll set up deadlines starting at 1:30 pm EST Sunday.

The deadlines will be half an hour at first, then switch to 15 minutes part way through in order to end Round 8 around 11pm EST.

If you're at the end of the round 8 and can't be up that late, please give me a list, or i'll just take the top rated player available (forward or defense depending on how many of each you have).

deadlines are in now

check the Make Pick page

If your deadline passes, the people after you can make picks.

If you can't be around to make your pick, please send me a list of guys you want.

snoboarder3211 - Dec 6 1:30:00 PM EST

Round 8 deadlines are 30 minutes until 9pm Sunday, then they switch to 15 minutes.

Round 9 (protection): all monday

Rounds 10-12: picks are from 5pm EST to around 11. picks are grouped into days like so: 10.1-11.2 on Tuesday. 11.3-12.3 on Wednesday. 12.4-12.24 on Thursday.

Edited by smozoma

Smoz, the protection round finishes quite early, is there any chance of deadlines being bumped up?

nah, they're already up.. dunno what time everyone will be able to check it with work and whatnot on monday

If I may say so, it has been the fastest draft I've ever been. I can't complain since it went by rather smoothly.

But seriously though, you guys didn't take it easy with my d-men, even the low-tier ones. XDDDD I was lucky to protect Lidstrom when I did or you would have taken him too, weight issues or no.

looks like we blew through this protection round in good time

i'm going to leave the deadlines as they are, though. you can still pick ahead of time if you're in order. i'll be taking the "night off" from blitz

Arrite, smoz. We'll be waiting. Don't forget to update the rosters in light of the recent trades.

Smoz, the protection round finishes quite early, is there any chance of deadlines being bumped up?

I think they should... nobody will get skipped cuz were a whole day ahead of the deadlines now