NHL'94 Forums

IIHF League Interest

beavers33

Hey guys, with a great season of classic winding down, a few of us have been looking for other leagues to start up. I propose this:

post-2287-1261550266_thumb.jpg

International Ice Hockey Federation League

8, 16, or 24 teams.

Each team will play in a pool of 4 teams, where they will play each of the other 3 teams a certain amount of times, say 4 each. Then they will play 12 games against teams from other divisions as a part of their regular season schedule.

From there the winner of each pool as well as the next best half of competitors (all depends on how many pools) will advance to the playoffs, which would consist of 7-game series'.

So aside from the IIHF aspect of it, there's another very cool reason this league is so unique. Each coach is given a certain amount of ratings points, with which to distribute to each players' attributes however they would like. You can go with a blitzkrieg offense or a berlin wall defense, or somewhere in between. Thanks to VC for the idea, who will be assisting me with running this league.

So far this players have expressed interest:

1. beavers33

2. Vocally Caged

3. kupuck19

4. nationals1

5. houlanov

6. logan (maybe)

7. iceguy94

8. tubahero

9. hokkee

10. maverick

11. FPB

12. Bo

Come on guys, get in on the action! Reply in this thread!

Edited by beavers33

I can go at it if the others want to participate.

So, how do we allocate the points? Do we have to turn in some example of how we want our forwards, d-men and goalies?

I can go at it if the others want to participate.

So, how do we allocate the points? Do we have to turn in some example of how we want our forwards, d-men and goalies?

you will get a certain number of points for your team, i have no idea what that will be (VC is gonna work it out).

You can put however many points you want toward any attribute...

You could have one guy w/6s across the board, but then you will lack depth, you kinda get what I'm saying?

No, these will be updated rosters of IIHF teams. The weight bug fix will be in effect, so it's not an issue.

This is strictly an example and does not necessarily reflect the actual number of ratings points that will be given.

Name Position Wgt Agl Spd OfA DfA ShP Chk StH End Rgh Pas Agr

Iginla F 10 6 6 6 3 6 2 6 0 0 4 0 = 49

As you can see here, Iginla is going to be used as strictly an offensive weapon, but will be very weak defensively.

49 attribute points is not the max or minimum to use for each player. In this case, 49 points is actually the mean score for players on the team if every attribute for the player were rated 3.5. Like I mentioned, these are not necessarily the numbers we will be using. This is just an interest thread, and I'm trying to explain how it will work.

I hope this clears up any questions!

I'd take Russia. If that's not possible, here are a few teams:

Finland

Norway

Czech Republic

Slovakia

Mexico(?)

After we find out who's all going to play, we're going to draw for team draft positions. That way everyone has a fair shot at getting a team they won't hate having.

Can i take Belarus or Ukraine and be insured i get them? I mean they suck lol.