NHL'94 Forums

Quebec "B" coach replaced by vinniersmith

smozoma

Hey Vinnie, are you going to continue on the farm league as well? I talked to dcicon yesterday (and then suffered the wrath of Mogilny) and confirmed he is still doing farm, I just want to make sure I keep my list organized.

So the farm league games have nothing to do with the waiting list? I'm confused.

not a lot, right. i know it doesn't make much sense, so i want to come up with some actual rules for it so it's not frustrating for the people on the list...

Farm is generally a place where guys can have some fun while they're on the waiting list. It's good for gaining some experience for people who are new to playing 94 online.

In the past, I'd been doing replacements kind of like this:

1. who's next on the waiting list? (first come first served)

2. did he play any farm games? (shows some dedication to blitz)

3. has he played in other leagues? (shows some dedication to nhl94)

4. is he too good or not good enough for the open spot? (to keep the "A" and "B" leagues competitive)

replacing "A" coaches is difficult because i don't want guys getting demolished, so sometimes I've taken veterans of other leagues, regardless of how they fared on those questions...

One of the issues I'll have to cover on my waiting list rules is whether or not you need to participate in Farm to get a spot...

Edited by smozoma

Anyway, vinniersmith was really high up on the waiting list and has played the most farm games last season and a good number this season. Whatever the exact rules end up being, he would have been the first to move up.

I love vinnie and this isn't a criticism of him, but lets not pretend it was anything other than a waiting list selection. He's played 14 games only, and 6 other farm leaguers have played more. In those 14 games, he is 4 games under .500 (5-9) and has a PTS% of .357 and only cfebbs and jurikobeski have lower percentages.

If this was really about the other factors you listed, it would be hard to justify.

I love vinnie and this isn't a criticism of him, but lets not pretend it was anything other than a waiting list selection. He's played 14 games only, and 6 other farm leaguers have played more. In those 14 games, he is 4 games under .500 (5-9) and has a PTS% of .357 and only cfebbs and jurikobeski have lower percentages.

If this was really about the other factors you listed, it would be hard to justify.

DRAMA TIME!

Only dcicon has played more more farm games than vinnie over the past two seasons (42 vs 39), and winning percentage is only a factor when considering someone for the A league. Regardless, waiting list position is the most important factor, and I don't think there was any 'pretending' otherwise.