NHL'94 Forums

Main page link idea

Carse

Evan, would it be possible to organize the winners of all of the leagues that have taken place through nhl94.com on one link on the homepage? I was talking with a few guys trying to remember who won what and when, and it dawned on us that there was no easy way to find the answers. The information is currently scattered between all of the different league sites. (nhl94online.com for classic gens and snes, blitz94.com for blitz, random gdl sites, old defunct league sites, etc)

For gens, it wont be hard to find the winners of gdl and blitz a/b. also, im sure someone has access to all of the classic winners. Finding winners of old defunct leagues could be a bit trickier, but im sure someone in the community has access to this information.

For snes, Halifax or one of the leaders of that scene could probably lead the charge in digging up the history of all of their leagues.

This is just an idea. It seems like something worth being gathered and posted in one place on the main page, considering that the leagues are one of the main things that draw people to this website.

Oh, like some kind of Wall of Fame archives for the winners of the past leagues? Sounds pretty good to me! But as Carse mentioned, the older leagues will be an issue, even more if they're for the SNES version. On top of that, some of the older champs aren't around here anymore (Bear in mind I have not found or spoken to any of them on AIM, so I don't know much about them).

Oh, like some kind of Wall of Fame archives for the winners of the past leagues? Sounds pretty good to me! But as Carse mentioned, the older leagues will be an issue, even more if they're for the SNES version. On top of that, some of the older champs aren't around here anymore (Bear in mind I have not found or spoken to any of them on AIM, so I don't know much about them).

not entirely sure what the old champs not being around has to do with listing them but if anyone wants to start listing past winners with the league/year here, feel free to get this rolling