NHL'94 Forums

BRING BACK THE JETS!

halifax

as long as bettman is the commish he's not gonna let that happen. for one he'll do whatever it takes to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix, and that leaves the thrashers, and for the Thrashers to move Winnipeg seems best fit cause of the arena and Quebec making steps towards getting a an arena but, again, the commish will probably think of other US cities like Kansas, Vegas, Portland, etc. even before thinking of moving Phoenix or Atlanta to Winnipeg or Quebec which is sad.

Edited by mav

mav is right. I won't be happy until I see Winnipeg and MORE IMPORTANTLY HARTFORD with a team again. The NHL would be great with Hartford back! Atlanta needs to relocate though. I think Phoenix is fine, I think they are getting more fans. Hopefully Winnipeg is the first choice but it's unlikely!

Man, I hope so. Just so you boys up north know, not all of us down here agree with this B.S. relocation of these NHL teams from Canada. Hockey belongs in Canada imo. I had a guy tell me, who was from Winnipeg, that the money just wasn't there for the Jets. No fan support. Idk.

But I always wondered this. And maybe you guys can tell me. If these teams came back to Winnipeg and Hartford, will they be called the Jets and Whalers again? Or will it be something like MN.? If not, f- it. I won't settle for anything less.